• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Making calls using google voice

tbguy

Lurker
Feb 27, 2010
Just got an AT&T number on straight talk but unable to make any calls using google voice. I have the google voice app installed and when I try to make a call using google voice, it tells me it cant make the call. It tries to make a call to a 916 number but I saw this same thing when I was on another carrier. Also when I try to text the ST number from google voice, it always returns saying it couldn't be delivered.

Has anybody else run into this? Does anyone know if ST is blocking google voice? I can make normal calls from my ST number and can receive calls.

Hhm. My number is doing something weird. I can't text from my st number to any Google voice number. Also can't text from Google voice to my st number. Tried it using the website.

But I was able to assign my st number to gv and it forwards the way that it's supposed to. Found a way to work around by having gv call my number to do outgoing calls. Couldn't call directly from my phone. And I use the gv app for texts. I didn't want anybody having direct access to my st number anyway.

Kinda sounded like it was a problem on Google's servers with my number. I'm able to send and receive texts to normal carriers directly from my st number

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones