• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

batari

Lurker
Jun 13, 2011
Eire
Hey guys, recently bought an Xperia Play, best phone I've ever had!

Have thrown on most of the Emulators available to Android, and all are working great. However, the Tigermame emu is beginning to wreck my head!! Can get CPS1 and CPS2 games running no probs, but not MAME..? How do I get them running properly?
Any help would be appreciated, and sorry for the first post question! I hope to hang around and help out more Play owners in the future!!

Hey guys, recently bought an Xperia Play, best phone I've ever had!

Have thrown on most of the Emulators available to Android, and all are working great. However, the Tigermame emu is beginning to wreck my head!! Can get CPS1 and CPS2 games running no probs, but not MAME..? How do I get them running properly?
Any help would be appreciated, and sorry for the first post question! I hope to hang around and help out more Play owners in the future!!

i got sound issues on cps1 games like street fighter 2 and final fight, is it fixed now?

Upvote 0
Searched high and low . Final Conclusion? Their are MAME like apps for android with a limited library or limited compatability with play. A solid MAME emulator however I came up empty handed. The best thing I can think of is running MAME through dos box or through the sega dreamcast unreleased emulator. The drawback to this method is severe framerate drop , unless the xperia is rooted with a cooked up rom that can push the cpu & gpu speed.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones