• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Manually Turning Screen Off?

I cannot shut my phone screen off by power button. Is this just my phone or is this an LG thing. The only way to get the screen to shut off is through display timeout.

That's a bad button you got there, cause it should work like all phones the power button is the screen off button.

how long have you had the phone? if its with in the 14 days i would return it to verizon and get a new one. If it is after the 14days you can still get it replaced just might be a Refurbished phone. although with it being so new the odds they have Refurbs is low.

Upvote 0
That's a bad button you got there, cause it should work like all phones the power button is the screen off button.

how long have you had the phone? if its with in the 14 days i would return it to verizon and get a new one. If it is after the 14days you can still get it replaced just might be a Refurbished phone. although with it being so new the odds they have Refurbs is low.

I just got it yesterday. Luckily, I have a large B2B account, so they will just swap me in to a new phone. Phew.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones