• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Manually Update Your Nexus One To Android 2.2 Froyo!

So I went ahead and performed the manual update, and everything works great so far. The only issue is, I'm not seeing all the apps in the market. To list a few I'm not seeing:

Touchdown Full Version (the free I can download)
A few other full version apps, however I can see the free ones.
Helix Launcher
Wii IME App
A few others I can't recall off the top of my head.

I'm not sure if this is a version issue or something, but after 30 days, when touchdown's evaluation expires I'll be in a bit of a pickle at work with calander.

Reactions: lacount
Upvote 0
And why isnt it? i will take your word and not try it but i would like to know why so i can better my chances of getting 2.2

Because I think it was Droidlife that had, at the top of the instructions, large bold letters saying not to try this on the moto droid. There are a number of important hardware differences between the two phones, I assume that is a big part of it.

Of course, you're welcome to try it and tell us all what happens.

Reactions: lacount
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones