• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Manufacturing Date

quiksilver169

Dec 29, 2009
I've been having a few problems with my Droid and debating whether or not to take it back since I'm almost near the 30 day mark, most notably random restarts. My Droid was manufactured 45/09, does anyone have newer ones? I don't want to exchange it for an older manufactured one.

is there anyway for you to see the manufacturing date besides removing the battery? many are saying its on the box...

reason im interested in it is because i started with a 49/09 that had solid voice quality but had a defect so i had to swap it, but ever since (2 phones later) i've been through a 42/09 and 44/09 that they've given me and my voice sounds distorted again (like i got a shot of novakane in the mouth). there's threads of this happening and i would like to have my 'newer' 49/09 or greater back. they have no problem swapping me with new phones but i never asked them specifically about giving me a certain manufacturer date. i just don't want to ask them and feel unreasonable because they would have to open each phones battery backing off to take a look .. thats why im wondering if theres a code or something on the box/elsewhere (people are telling me its on the side near the barcodes but i dont see a date anywhere).

anyone know? ~ thx

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones