• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Market and Streaming Audio Fix For Leaked Froyo

adrynalyne

Android Expert
Jul 15, 2010
Its possible the market data hasnt synced yet.

There are two versions that can be downloaded. Free and purchased. You couldn't have downloaded the purchased one if it says buy now. Right?

Uninstall it, and try this.

xda-developers - View Single Post - Market Fix for Leaked Froyo

Then try again.

I restored from one of my other paid apps (Titanium backup). Following link now...

edit: actually I guess Ti Backup was a donation, not purchase

but FYI, I uninstalled, and attempted to install, and it's asking me to buy again. One thing I noticed is it DID say I can always reinstall the app again at no cost during the uninstall. Weird

Upvote 0
So, does it go through the "buy" process again when you try to load something up on a fresh phone? is google smart enough to not actually charge you a second time for the same app?

Also...
Then its like I said, you did not install it from the market initially.
I thought you meant it was a cracked version or something, "initially" on 2.1 I did install it from the market :) sorry 'bout that

Upvote 0
Well I said screw it and tried a purchase... looks like I just paid $6 bux for systempanel.

Attachments

• checkout.jpg
    checkout.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 81
Upvote 0
adrynalyne, are only some people having performance issues? I installed your second fix for market and audio. Haven't tried streaming audio yet but also haven't noticed any performance issues. Scored an 890 on benchmark test. Just wondering if I need to do something different?

My phone didn't really feel any different, but my score went from 7XX to 11XX in Quadrant.

I think you NEED to only if you NEED to have a higher benchmark score. I switched because I was there screwing with my phone anyway so I said what the heck!

Upvote 0
I think you NEED to only if you NEED to have a higher benchmark score. I switched because I was there screwing with my phone anyway so I said what the heck!

I'm curious about this also. The 2 main things I use on my phone are psxdroid and streaming audio, see my dilemma? If the performance fix is only for benchmark scores than I could careless. If I have to sacrifice my shoutcast quality for better psxdroid performance it might be worth it. Guess I will check out both the files and report back.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones