• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Market Download Problem

a5pe4

Android Enthusiast
Sep 6, 2011
So I know I've posted about this before but I thought a thread might/could be useful for this situation. When I try to download certain apps or updates (such as google maps) I get a message saying either insufficient space or the package file is invalid. I have tried clearing data and wiping cache/dalvik cache and that good stuff and it has at best only temporarily worked. I downloaded "market fix" from the market and that worked for about a day. Is there anyway I can fix this issue without Titanium Backup Pro?

What ROM are you running? I experienced the same thing on the MiRaGe ROM.
Went back to BACKside, rocking and rolling with none of previous problems I had on MiRaGe.

I'm running BACKside. I've tried a full wipe and everything but it eventually comes back up. Jerry has said it has something to do with the market but I still don't know how to fix it other than that setting in Titanium Backup Pro (which I don't have) and apparently going back to a older version of the market (which I don't want to do!).

Upvote 0
I'm not sure if its a CM7 thing or an IHO thing, but the IHO ROMS for the OV have a startup script /system/etc/init.d/01mvdalvik that moves the dalvik cache to the /cache partition. The market's download cache also lives on the /cache partition. Eventually, the dalvik fills the partition and market downloads will start failing with the Invalid Package File error.

Removing the 01mvdalvik script will open up space in the /cache partition and stop the market error, but the dalvik will be taking up space in the /data partition (where your apps live).

On my phone, I setup an ext3 partition on my SD card. I removed the 01mvdalvik script and I use the app simple2ext to move my dalvik (and my apps) to the ext3 partition. This works well for me, but you have to remember to delete the 01mvdalvik script every time you flash an IHO ROM update.

Upvote 0
I'm not sure if its a CM7 thing or an IHO thing, but the IHO ROMS for the OV have a startup script /system/etc/init.d/01mvdalvik that moves the dalvik cache to the /cache partition. The market's download cache also lives on the /cache partition. Eventually, the dalvik fills the partition and market downloads will start failing with the Invalid Package File error.

Removing the 01mvdalvik script will open up space in the /cache partition and stop the market error, but the dalvik will be taking up space in the /data partition (where your apps live).

On my phone, I setup an ext3 partition on my SD card. I removed the 01mvdalvik script and I use the app simple2ext to move my dalvik (and my apps) to the ext3 partition. This works well for me, but you have to remember to delete the 01mvdalvik script every time you flash an IHO ROM update.

The link2sd creator told me a while back that script is a cm7 issue.

Reactions: keonikapila
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones