• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Market downloads not starting

Trel

Android Enthusiast
Nov 9, 2009
I'm on a rooted stock 2.1 (not a custom rom).
As of last night, I am unable to download from the market.

I have tried signing out/in to google talk, clearing cache and data on a lot of the apps such as market, downloader, google aps, etc.

I have rebooted phone. I have uninstalled apps to make sure there's room. I have tried on both 3g and wifi. I'm not sure what's left to try, but I can't get any downloads to work and I'm out of ideas.

This could be a baseband issue. I know that, for me at least, upgrading my baseband helped this issue. After I rooted and was running a custom rom, yes I know that you are not, my baseband got screwed up. Re-flashing my baseband fixed all of my problems, my phone did the same thing, it would start downloading then stop and the 3g connection would still be there but there was not longer any data transfer. So try upgrading your baseband, if you need help with this, read the root forums or just PM me. Good luck! Sorry about your bad luck!

Upvote 0
This could be a baseband issue. I know that, for me at least, upgrading my baseband helped this issue. After I rooted and was running a custom rom, yes I know that you are not, my baseband got screwed up. Re-flashing my baseband fixed all of my problems, my phone did the same thing, it would start downloading then stop and the 3g connection would still be there but there was not longer any data transfer. So try upgrading your baseband, if you need help with this, read the root forums or just PM me. Good luck! Sorry about your bad luck!

I was able to fix it.
What did not work
-Restoring nandroid backup
-Factory reset and restoring nandroid backup

What did work
-Factory reset, sign in on reset phone, and then restore nandroid backup

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones