• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Market Force Close Problem

amlothi

Android Expert
Jul 23, 2010
Hi all,

I have a P1010 tablet (Chinese version) that came without Google core apps, including no Android market.

I have rooted it and installed the core apps I need. Gmail works. Talk works. Maps works. However, I am struggling with the market.

The market app recognizes the device and links to my google account. I can search for apps, and I can see apps listed.

As soon as I click on an app (to try to view the details), or if I try to click on My Apps, it force closes. Also, if I tap on an Update notification in the notification bar from the Market, the Market app will force close.

I've never been able to use the Market on this device. I'm hoping some of you experienced rooters might have some suggestions on how to go about fixing this.

I've scoured the web and other forums, tried all the steps, and nothing seems to fix it.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones