1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Market Force Closing - com.android.vending

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by naelocin, Jan 2, 2011.

1. naelocin

naelocin Guest
    None
    There are a few threads on this subject, but none that were really conclusive.

HTC Incredible, 2.2--all stock

The day before yesterday, I woke up and my phone was off so I turned it back on. I didn't notice anything before I fell back asleep. The next time I looked at my phone, all my contacts were gone. I found more and more problems--my downloaded apps were either no longer on my phone or wouldn't open.

After reinstalling a few of my apps, the Market started acting up. First, it was back to the older version, but it's back to the updated version. The Market launches, but unfortunately when I try to look at an app, it force closes.

I've tried clearing the cache and data, but neither have worked. I haven't been able to get to the "uninstall updates" in the "Applications" section of the settings. Also, after I reset my phone, a few of the apps I had re-downloaded were gone.

If anyone has a fix or any ideas, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!

Advertisement

2. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Android Expert
    None

Aug 5, 2010
    Male
    PA
    Factory reset or a fresh install of 2.2.
    Use the file and directions here to install.... Just ignore all the stuff that relates to being rooted, process is still the same. (ignore the s-on step)

3. bigb3456

bigb3456 Member
    None

Jul 2, 2010
    Nebraska
    I had this exact same problem,I ended up doing a factory reset so I think youre screwed.

4. naelocin

naelocin Guest
    None
    Thanks. I'll try the 2.2 reinstall. Hopefully I won't have to do a factory reset.

5. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Android Expert
    None

Aug 5, 2010
    Male
    PA
    Doing the reinstall will completely reset your phone too, do the reinstall if the factory reset doesn't work.

naelocin likes this.
  6. naelocin

naelocin Guest
    None
    I figured--"factory reset" is just scary-sounding to me. But I ended up just doing the factory reset and all is working fine. Hopefully the same problem doesn't come up again.