• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Market Force Closing - com.android.vending

N

naelocin

There are a few threads on this subject, but none that were really conclusive.

HTC Incredible, 2.2--all stock

The day before yesterday, I woke up and my phone was off so I turned it back on. I didn't notice anything before I fell back asleep. The next time I looked at my phone, all my contacts were gone. I found more and more problems--my downloaded apps were either no longer on my phone or wouldn't open.

After reinstalling a few of my apps, the Market started acting up. First, it was back to the older version, but it's back to the updated version. The Market launches, but unfortunately when I try to look at an app, it force closes.

I've tried clearing the cache and data, but neither have worked. I haven't been able to get to the "uninstall updates" in the "Applications" section of the settings. Also, after I reset my phone, a few of the apps I had re-downloaded were gone.

If anyone has a fix or any ideas, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones