1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Market place

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by huggy_a, Feb 2, 2011.

1. huggy_a

huggy_a Lurker

hi,

I'm new here so forgive me is this sounds stupid, or has been posted elsewhere.

but i managed to delete the market place app from my phone. Is there an easy way to get it back?

thanks,

andy

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. BTK-appl3killa

BTK-appl3killa Well-Known Member

3. huggy_a

huggy_a Lurker

ok.. so to show how stupid i am... downloaded the apk... but how do i install that.

when i tried to find instructions on how to run an apk... i got "go to android market place and get this installler programme"

kinda viscious circle......

4. 3devious

3devious Android Expert

I thought that when you go to your file browser and selected an .apk file it asked you if you wanted to install it.

It's been so long, I think you might have to go into settings and enable unknown sources.

The funny part is that I am left to wonder if the phone would think that the Market App was a non-Market application.

5. bigbadwulff

bigbadwulff Android Expert

I had to do this after putting the Liberty ROM on my phone. Lost all sorts of stuff doing that, including ALL of my phone contacts!
    Went back to the stock ROM and got my contacts back via the Verizon back up.
    I downloaded a Market APK and it worked fine. If I remember correctly it was just like downloading an app. Either that or I had to run it thru the menu where you do the factory reset and all that. It will be in "downloads".