• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Market updates

dayday86

Lurker
May 31, 2010
Hello,

i have a HTC Desire and although i used to get them at first i am no longer getting the notifications when apps are ready for update, i have the settings clicked to alert me but i have had several apps needed updates recently and none gave me the notification, has any body else had this issue and how can it be resolved, not a majot issue but just frustrating.

Thanks

I seem to get the updates come through when I open the Market. Don't know if it forces a check when you open the screen.

Not an ideal solution (I rarely get update notifications without going there), but it may be a quick work around?

Also, worth checking if you have a task manager or Juice Defender type app running that disables any auto-update feature, regardless of you over riding!

Upvote 0
I open the market and go to the downloads page and it tells me what apps are ready for update but i used to get notifications on the home page when they were avalible, this has now stopped, just wondered if it was something i can change a setting to get round as it was handy to have these notifications save having to laod the market up to see if i have any updates.

will check the task killer and see if theres anything there

Upvote 0
Hello,

i have a HTC Desire and although i used to get them at first i am no longer getting the notifications when apps are ready for update, i have the settings clicked to alert me but i have had several apps needed updates recently and none gave me the notification, has any body else had this issue and how can it be resolved, not a majot issue but just frustrating.

Thanks

The Market has been behaving a bit oddly the past week. For example, after I upgraded to Froyo, several of my paid apps were not showing up on the Market at all. A few days later and they are back again.

I'd give it a bit of time to settle down.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones