1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Market updates

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dayday86, Aug 6, 2010.

1. dayday86

dayday86 Lurker

Hello,

i have a HTC Desire and although i used to get them at first i am no longer getting the notifications when apps are ready for update, i have the settings clicked to alert me but i have had several apps needed updates recently and none gave me the notification, has any body else had this issue and how can it be resolved, not a majot issue but just frustrating.

Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ncjharris

ncjharris Newbie

I seem to get the updates come through when I open the Market. Don't know if it forces a check when you open the screen.

Not an ideal solution (I rarely get update notifications without going there), but it may be a quick work around?

Also, worth checking if you have a task manager or Juice Defender type app running that disables any auto-update feature, regardless of you over riding!

3. KING LUFF

KING LUFF Well-Known Member

HI, not really a solution but 2.2 (froyo) will update automatically. Depending on your network it will be with you in the coming weeks

4. dayday86

dayday86 Lurker

I open the market and go to the downloads page and it tells me what apps are ready for update but i used to get notifications on the home page when they were avalible, this has now stopped, just wondered if it was something i can change a setting to get round as it was handy to have these notifications save having to laod the market up to see if i have any updates.

will check the task killer and see if theres anything there

5. mikebell

mikebell Well-Known Member

The Market has been behaving a bit oddly the past week. For example, after I upgraded to Froyo, several of my paid apps were not showing up on the Market at all. A few days later and they are back again.

I'd give it a bit of time to settle down.

6. thewelshman

thewelshman Newbie

I have the same problem. I downloaded from the market "App Update Notifier " and find it does what the stock item does. Hope this helps

HTC Desire Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews