• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

May jump to the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 instead....

How is it any worse than big verizon logo on the bottom of HD?:thinking:
This logo on Note 2 will wear or peel off pretty soon it seems.

In my personal opinion, I'm okay with the RHD's branding because it doesn't look squeezed in, and I think the chin would look weird with it being empty.

That thing on the other hand, was squeezed onto a button of all places. It just looks stupid.

Upvote 0
In my personal opinion, I'm okay with the RHD's branding because it doesn't look squeezed in, and I think the chin would look weird with it being empty.

That thing on the other hand, was squeezed onto a button of all places. It just looks stupid.

And just like that.....there are complaints from this already from other folks too. I never really gave it much thought....until now....lol. I might have to agree. BUT....I am already getting tired of these on screen keys on my Maxx HD. I didnt like it when I had the G Nex for 2 weeks earlier this year, and they havent grown on me since.

Upvote 0
And just like that.....there are complaints from this already from other folks too. I never really gave it much thought....until now....lol. I might have to agree. BUT....I am already getting tired of these on screen keys on my Maxx HD. I didnt like it when I had the G Nex for 2 weeks earlier this year, and they havent grown on me since.

Eh, going from full hardware keys on my DX to this, I really enjoy the new software keys. It's a personal preference thing. The one thing I do dislike is the non-uniform placement of the menu key. Some have it on the navbar, some have it on the upper right, it's just erratic.

To be fair I thought the branding was ugly but livable until someone pointed out on the comments on droid-life I think it was. They said that whoever saw that button might think it's a button to launch the My Verizon app which I found absolutely hilarious, then it made me realize just how atrocious that branding it. It's really just an insult, and who knows if it's glazed over, might not even be removable.

Upvote 0

Guess I'm not the only one. I've played with the nexus and the RHD "in the store" and just don't care for the lack of screen when the buttons are displayed 95% of the time (games, internet, GPS!, etc.) It displays no more information than my 4.3 droid X.
It's a great phone, but not for everyone.
Go ahead and tell me I didn't give it long enough cause it would have grown on me. I really don't think it would have. I love multi media and with everything being at 4.3" less the movie player, it would just annoy me every single day.
That is the reason Android is awesome, you have more than one iChoice.
I have just ordered the Note 2. Ya, it certainly won't be for everyone either, but at least us android users have a CHOICE. I feel sorry for Apple people.
Imagine a conversation between two iPhone owners:
Mine can do this...so can mine.
Can you do this?...yes I can.
Did you see this?...yes, I did.
I sure wish I could have a phone with a bigger battery or replaceable one...ya me too
My next iPhone will have a bigger screen (i6)...wow, so will mine.
My phone is really small...ya, so is mine
Wish I had a different phone, me too.

Reactions: jroc
Upvote 0
I gotta agree that the on-screen keys are the final killer for me. Takes up too much of the screen. Unless something big pops it's head up as a competitor (HTC DLX??), I'm 90% going with the Note 2. Been watching youtube clips and that is one nice phone. Perfect, no but currently for MY use, the best option by far. To be fair, the RAZR HD I played with in store was a VERY nice phone. Solid, well built, felt good in hand, but those onscreen keys I can't live with. Sorry Moto, looks like I'm going sammy for the first time ever.

Upvote 0
I gotta agree that the on-screen keys are the final killer for me. Takes up too much of the screen. Unless something big pops it's head up as a competitor (HTC DLX??), I'm 90% going with the Note 2. Been watching youtube clips and that is one nice phone. Perfect, no but currently for MY use, the best option by far. To be fair, the RAZR HD I played with in store was a VERY nice phone. Solid, well built, felt good in hand, but those onscreen keys I can't live with. Sorry Moto, looks like I'm going sammy for the first time ever.
I wanted to love the HD, but paid full retail yesterday for my Note 2 pre-order.
I played with it in the store, and after about 20 minutes with it, it wasn't too big. Then I pickup up my droid X, wow, it was ssoooo smmaallll. I hated to walk out empty handed from T-mobile, but must wait for VZW.

Upvote 0
I wanted to love the HD, but paid full retail yesterday for my Note 2 pre-order.
I played with it in the store, and after about 20 minutes with it, it wasn't too big. Then I pickup up my droid X, wow, it was ssoooo smmaallll. I hated to walk out empty handed from T-mobile, but must wait for VZW.

I won't see a Note 2 in person until tommorrow, but from what i'm reading, people are generally surprised that it doesn't feel or look as big as they expected. With Sammy going from 16;10 to 16:9 ratio on the display on the Note 2, it makes it thinner and just a little longer than the Note 1. Also I believe it is thinner and has more rounded edges and feels better in hand. I have big hands anyway, so I'm not worried it will be too big. I've put the Note 1 in my front pocket pretty easily while playing with it in store before, the Note 2 is smaller and will be easier to pocket. I may "skin" the phone instead of using a TPU case to keep things as slim as possible. I pay for insurance on the phone anyway, so if I fubar it because of no case, $90 should get me a replacement. I am not preordering the note 2 (yet), but I expect it to be my next phone as soon as it is shipping from VZ.

Upvote 0
I won't see a Note 2 in person until tomorrow, but from what i'm reading, people are generally surprised that it doesn't feel or look as big as they expected. With Sammy going from 16;10 to 16:9 ratio on the display on the Note 2, it makes it thinner and just a little longer than the Note 1. Also I believe it is thinner and has more rounded edges and feels better in hand. I have big hands anyway, so I'm not worried it will be too big. I've put the Note 1 in my front pocket pretty easily while playing with it in store before, the Note 2 is smaller and will be easier to pocket. I may "skin" the phone instead of using a TPU case to keep things as slim as possible. I pay for insurance on the phone anyway, so if I fubar it because of no case, $90 should get me a replacement. I am not preordering the note 2 (yet), but I expect it to be my next phone as soon as it is shipping from VZ.

One good thing that many don't think of is the replaceable battery...
Not that the replaceable battery is the greatest, it is, but the entire rear cover is removable. I'm going naked on mine. If the cover get a beating, it can be replaced very quickly for like $14...unlike other phones. Of course this does nothing for the sides or front, but you can buy those on the internet separately. There is this cool website I found from someone's link. Check it out. Waiting for a replacement button to be offered.
Complete middle section (chrome sides) $26
Rear cover $14
Screen and bezel $284, ouch.
http://www.parts4repair.com/samsung-galaxy-note-ii-n7100/

Upvote 0
One good thing that many don't think of is the replaceable battery...
Not that the replaceable battery is the greatest, it is, but the entire rear cover is removable. I'm going naked on mine. If the cover get a beating, it can be replaced very quickly for like $14...unlike other phones. Of course this does nothing for the sides or front, but you can buy those on the internet separately. There is this cool website I found from someone's link. Check it out. Waiting for a replacement button to be offered.
Complete middle section (chrome sides) $26
Rear cover $14
Screen and bezel $284, ouch.
Samsung Repair Parts - Samsung Galaxy Note II N7100 - Parts4repair.Com

Great points about the battery and replaceable parts. Another plus for the note 2

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones