• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Media Player Help Needed (HTC Desire)

Hi, I have just got a HTC desire and like many people would like to be able to get rid of my iPod all together and have just my phone. The problem I'm having is that the media player on the HTC desire doesn't work nearly as well as iTunes. I have several issues that would needed to be resolved and wanted to know if anyone had a solution to any of them

1) Audio books, I have many of these on my iTunes and on an iPod they are displayed in a separate folder and are removed from shuffles, not so on the HTC, solution?

2) Podcasts, Again i subscribe to many podcasts on my iTunes and wanted to know if there was any way of adding them to my HTC automatically or having them download automatically (Despite this being very annoying and clogging up my hard drive with duplicated podcasts)

3)Playlists I am currently using iTunes agent to sync from my iTunes but it means that I cannot sync playlists that i can then play on my phone. (I can sync playlists just not then play them on their own once they are on my phone)

Any help would be much appreciated as I'm sure many people are having these problems

I use missingsync for syncing my macbook to my android phone. I can say for certainty that it does sync my playlists and podcasts straight to my N1. It has Audiobook support in the menu, but I've never tried it. If your certain that you'd be willing to pay out $40 for the program I can try it tonight, as I do have audiobooks on my iTunes.

I have missingsync setup to sync over wifi when my phone comes into sync with my wifi network.

Also I don't know if HTC put their own player on your phone, but I use Mixzing for device playback.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones