• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Music player app

69Rixter

Oct 24, 2014
Central Ohio
I'm looking for a music player app. It doesn't need to play online radio or podcasts, just a good music player. I have FLAC and .ape files on my phone. Would like a player that has a good equalizer. What I've tested, so far, I'm not too enamored with. Must be compatible w/ Android 8.1 GO edition. So, what player do you like/works for you?
THANX:
Rick

RE: mikedt
VLC Media Player?

Thank you. I'd forgotten about Foobar. Used it a number of years ago. Yup, it does the trick!!! Tried the newest VLC and they want payment for it now.

RE: James Watson

Hey James; Thanks for replying. Yeah, tried the latest "version" of VLC. Seems, now, they ask you to buy it. I D/led the free version and it was devoid of many of the features I require. I guess I could try to find a 'retro" version, but not sure if that'd work now that VLC's policies have changed. I was reminded of (TNX mikedt) Foobar 2000 and I've found it to be the player I wanted. Has all the bell and whistles and is still open source.

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones