• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Memory Card Issues Xperia X10

RizXperia

May 28, 2010
01/10/10

Morning folks ,

Having an issue with my Sony Ericsson X10 Xperia. When it is plugged in to the usb port and is mounted i have tried to access the memory card and it comes up on screen as " Memory card unavailable " which means i cant access the memory card until i unplug it from the computer. Is this how it works or does my phone have a fault.

Cheers

Riz

Sorry about earlier was having a blonde moment no offence intended. I dont think i worderd my problem clearly so here goes. Xperia X10 when mounted to the pc via Usb i can view files etc on the computer but when i try to go through the phone to see what videos i have on phone so i know what to label them i get this message on phone " MEMORY CARD UNAVAILABLE " while still connected to the PC. I take it you can only view files while being connected to one either the PC or the phone and not both together ??

Rizxperia

Upvote 0
Yes it will, supposed to start at the end of the month but depends on how blonde you are:eek::D... no, no sorry meant to say depends how long your carrier takes to check it and stick its own bits of bloatware into the mix. So hopefully people will start seeing it in November.

In all seriousness, you might want to check what version you are on at the moment Menu>Settings>About Phone and scroll to bottom, the most current UK build is R2BA026 but the last digit does vary between carriers. As long as you are in the 20's you are probably OK to wait til Android 2.1 comes out.

Upvote 0
You should receive a notifcation on your phone if its set to automatically check.

Product Launch Blog

If you scroll down a bit on the above link there is a list of what it will contain. Basically it will make the phone faster, the battery should last longer, you get HD video, live wallpapers and hopefully some bug fixes. In my own view, it won't make my day to day use of the phone very different but will add a few nice bits on top.

Upvote 0
2.1 is the next big update but dont expect loads though, a few apps, slightly faster, live wallpapers (battery killer) and going by other phones with 2.1 a longer battery life with the much touted HD recording but that was promised before the phone was released. Plus we was meant to get HD before 2.1 so...

I'm going to stop now as I will just rant about SE again...

Upvote 0
K mate no prob, thanks for all the input. One last query about the memory card when connected to the pc i cant see what the videos are is there a way around this as just now i have not labelled them and they are shoving vid 1 vid 2 etc etc.

Would it be possible to get ur email as i am not always on the forum and if i am ever stck and need help i know where to go

Cheers

Riz

Upvote 0
You could download a file manager from the market, something like Astro or Linda are both good and then you can use them to rename the videos.

And I am always happy to answer questions on the forum either in a thread or by PM but I don't give out my email address sorry. You can access the forum on your phone however as long as you have a 3g signal.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones