• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Memory Management Issue - Apps have to continuously launch again

I have the latest Icy Fusion installed, Android 4.0.4, if that helps, but this issue seemed to happen before I rooted & put a custom ROM on it...

Whenever I launch more than 1 application, it always seems like it is the only application running in memory. When I hit the Home button and launch something that should already be open, it launches as if I had never had it open before. This happens even if I do a cache wipe and dalvik cache wipe.

In other words, it seems like open applications are getting closed when I launch another application. Even when switching to something that would not seem to be memory heavy (like Phone), and then switching back to browser with only 1 web page open. It shows a blank white screen when I launch browser and has to completely load the page again.

It shows I have 1.05 GB available for internal storage. When I go to the Running tab in Apps, it shows I have anywhere from 600 - 620 mb used, 120 - 140 mb free (it fluctuates).

Seems like when viewing running processes, a few of them show Restarting like Google Voice and Sync Services.

Any info you can provide would be greatly appreciated!

I have the latest Icy Fusion installed, Android 4.0.4, if that helps, but this issue seemed to happen before I rooted & put a custom ROM on it...

Whenever I launch more than 1 application, it always seems like it is the only application running in memory. When I hit the Home button and launch something that should already be open, it launches as if I had never had it open before. This happens even if I do a cache wipe and dalvik cache wipe.

In other words, it seems like open applications are getting closed when I launch another application. Even when switching to something that would not seem to be memory heavy (like Phone), and then switching back to browser with only 1 web page open. It shows a blank white screen when I launch browser and has to completely load the page again.

It shows I have 1.05 GB available for internal storage. When I go to the Running tab in Apps, it shows I have anywhere from 600 - 620 mb used, 120 - 140 mb free (it fluctuates).

Seems like when viewing running processes, a few of them show Restarting like Google Voice and Sync Services.

Any info you can provide would be greatly appreciated!
Icy Fusion is still based off the stock LG rom and the stock LG rom had very poor memory management. The dev was able to do a lot of work by removing programs that were not needed, but in the end, you're still working with how LG set their memory management up. I would honestly suggest switching to CM10.1 if you would like better memory usage, without the minor glitches that CM11 has.

Reactions: Narut0
Upvote 0
With CWM installed, you can just debloat stock. Having run CM10.1 and CM11, I find that the performance of the phone is still best with Stock, but debloated to an extreme. You can nuke all the Google Play stuffs other than Play Store and Framework using a root uninstaller. Note that it will brick if you don't have CWM installed. You'll have to download recovery and start uninstalling again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones