• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Merit] [ROM] Stayboogy AOSP Roamer v1.3 [gps working]

great work stayboogy! im new to the android scene, been reading and lurking for quite a while, taught myself what i know so far by reading A LOT and trial and error of course! inlaws gave me a new Z990G a while back that they bought and never used and i didnt use it so i broke it out to start practicing with mods so hopefully i want brick my Kindle HD 8.9 when i start playing with that..the Kindle is what i really want to mod. but as far as this rom, it's great! many options/settings! however i do have a problem with Market crashing when i open it and go to apps section, and the radio i can't get any sound out of it with headphones/earbuds, and i could be overlooking a setting i suppose, and it could maybe be the FM reception. anyway THANKS for all the work put in this!

Mike

Upvote 0
LET IT BE KNOWN IM NOT RESPOSIBLE FOR BRICKED DEVICES! and yes rom VERY STABLE DAILY DRIVER
you are rooted with factory recovery? if so i would install custom recovery TWRP to make backup and flash roms with.. download here http://developer-aa51.com/recoveries/roamer/ flash image using adb like so
adb shell
press "enter"
su
press "enter"
flash_image recovery /sdcard/Recovery.img
press "enter"
reboot recovery
press "enter"

or you can install rom and gapps via factory recovery by downloading rom and renaming update.zip place in sd card (not in folder) reboot in factory recovery by pressing menu,volume up, and power at same time, the choose to "flash update zip" or some might say say "factory restore" choose update.zip file and let it install, do the same for gapps, hope this helps some

Mike

Upvote 0
bump can someone please let me know if this is stable for my zte z990g
and if so how the hell do I install it please either give me step by step or point me to another thread with a step by step to install this to my zte z990g which is rooted and original rom installed on it[/QUOTE

Mike has got it right,this rom is very stable for this device ive been running it on mine since the first release stayboogy let out and it just got better everytime.im running the 1.3c version now.also have stayboogys costom recovery and ext3-yaffs-2 running for easy instal of the signed zips without renaming.it also alows for partitioning sd card.really handy if you get the 32g right off the bat.the other thing is if you like google play music(like i do) you might want to go into settings/advanced/vm heap size and change vm settings from 16 to 48 then reboot.it helps big data linked apps run better.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones