• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Mesmerize help

drop

Lurker
Dec 16, 2010
tried to tether/use as a modem.. ive searched this site and cant seem to find what im actually after.. not a dumbass by no means, but kinda stupid i guess

first off, z4root is no longer in the market.. i downloaded it to my computer, and emailed it to myself, and when i open it, it gives me the error "There is a problem parsing the package".

please can someone make a short, and sweet answer to "root" my phone, then how to tether it.

where can i or how can i get z4root onto my phone..
then what apps i need to get to use the phone in tether mode....

please help in knoxville tn lol

drop

Upvote 0
that link is invalid....i know there is a app on my phone for it.. but like others i dont want to pay for something that should be free that came on my phone.. but uscellular demands i pay... when i can root and do it for free

so then i finally found it.. now when i try to get it on my phone, it says "there is a problem parsing the attachment

Upvote 0
USCellular is not going to demand that you pay, unless you volunteer to sign up for the tethering plan.

Otherwise, if you use the wireless modem app to tether, its going to work. I use mine all the time, it works great.

I have received no nastygrams from USCC and no additional charges.

I don't use it to download movies or stream a large amount of data, so I have (so far) not run over my cap, even using the tether.

If you're planning to pull down large amounts of data, you are going to get noticed by USCC whether you root the phone or not.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones