1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Message forwarding in stock message app

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Kelita, Jun 13, 2011.

1. Kelita

Kelita Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 12, 2010
    Female
    Arizona
    I'm not sure if this is a feature of Gingerbread or MikG's rom that I'm using now but I noticed the other day while playing in the settings of the stock messaging app that under the general settings, you have an option to forward to a phone number or email address. When I choose one of these, you can enter a phone number but this text has me confused "forwarding may result in additional charges from your service provider."

What is this? I've used Handcent forever but this feature may be something I could use. Anyone heard of it? What kind of charges are they talking about? I've searched all morning on the web, here, etc. and found nothing on it, so I'm not sure where this feature came from.

Advertisement

2. hsh.shawn

hsh.shawn Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 11, 2010
    General Manager Reclamation facility
    Columbus, Oh
    I'm sure it is just the standard text messaging rates apply gag if your on unlimited you would have nothing to worry about. It wouldn't be an additional charge.

3. Kelita

None

Jun 12, 2010
    Female
    Arizona
    Ok, thanks for your reply. :) I was thinking that too but since it was new to me and couldn't find any other questions on it, I thought I'd ask.

4. Evo

Evo Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 24, 2010
    Thats interesting, it must be from MikG's rom, because I can not find that option in my messaging app. I am using the stock rooted rom. Also agree with hsh.shawn, its probably nothing for you to worry about. Its probably for the people who don't have a messaging plan, they can receive free text messages but it cost to send one.

Kelita likes this.
  5. Kelita

None

Jun 12, 2010
    Female
    Arizona
    Hey thanks Evo, at least now I know it's in the rom itself and not in the GB update. I may end up trying this out, just to see how it works. :)

Tags: