• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Message forwarding in stock message app

Kelita

Android Enthusiast
Jun 12, 2010
Arizona
I'm not sure if this is a feature of Gingerbread or MikG's rom that I'm using now but I noticed the other day while playing in the settings of the stock messaging app that under the general settings, you have an option to forward to a phone number or email address. When I choose one of these, you can enter a phone number but this text has me confused "forwarding may result in additional charges from your service provider."

What is this? I've used Handcent forever but this feature may be something I could use. Anyone heard of it? What kind of charges are they talking about? I've searched all morning on the web, here, etc. and found nothing on it, so I'm not sure where this feature came from.

Thats interesting, it must be from MikG's rom, because I can not find that option in my messaging app. I am using the stock rooted rom. Also agree with hsh.shawn, its probably nothing for you to worry about. Its probably for the people who don't have a messaging plan, they can receive free text messages but it cost to send one.

Reactions: Kelita
Upvote 0
Thats interesting, it must be from MikG's rom, because I can not find that option in my messaging app. I am using the stock rooted rom. Also agree with hsh.shawn, its probably nothing for you to worry about. Its probably for the people who don't have a messaging plan, they can receive free text messages but it cost to send one.
Hey thanks Evo, at least now I know it's in the rom itself and not in the GB update. I may end up trying this out, just to see how it works. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones