• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Message to Droid X Lurkers!!

I'm a lurker! Not because I want to lurk. Because if my wife catches me trying to find new ways to "play" with my phone she will hurt me. ...and not in a good way!
SHHHH! I think I hear her coming. I'm out for now! :D:eek::D

I didnt know you and I were in a relationship with the same person! I'm gonna have to talk to her about this infidelity!
lol I've got 4 friends who just got droids (2 x's and 2 2's) and whenever they come over the first thing they do is start asking me whats new and what can I do to their phone for them. Every time my girlfriend says "oh christ here we go again!" and leaves the room lol.

Upvote 0
I'm a lurker! Not because I want to lurk. Because if my wife catches me trying to find new ways to "play" with my phone she will hurt me. ...and not in a good way!
SHHHH! I think I hear her coming. I'm out for now! :D:eek::D

You must not have been married very long. 31 years here!

Upvote 0
We like them things! :) :)

Also, your phone won't respond to your fingernails, just your sking, fwiw.

Haha!

I know it only responds to skin...I keep my nails cut short so I never have the problem! :rolleyes:

I ended up going through all the trouble shooting with tech and they are sending me a replacement. The tech also had a droid x and he said he never has those problems, so he is sending me a brand new droid x. come to momma!

Upvote 0
Haha!

I know it only responds to skin...I keep my nails cut short so I never have the problem! :rolleyes:

I ended up going through all the trouble shooting with tech and they are sending me a replacement. The tech also had a droid x and he said he never has those problems, so he is sending me a brand new droid x. come to momma!

Yeah, man! err... woman, rather! :p

Upvote 0
I'm glad you're liking it. I like it a lot too! :)

Its been awesome so far. Running LPP with Widgetlocker. I have a real basic setup (at least for now). But I'm that way with my PC's as well. Minimal stuff that I use so I don't have it loaded up with apps or a bunch of screens.

Call quality has been awesome vs. the Incredible. Noise cancellation is superb!

Upvote 0
Its been awesome so far. Running LPP with Widgetlocker. I have a real basic setup (at least for now). But I'm that way with my PC's as well. Minimal stuff that I use so I don't have it loaded up with apps or a bunch of screens.

Call quality has been awesome vs. the Incredible. Noise cancellation is superb!

I totally agree about the call quality. I found the LPP and WL to be very helpful. WL has a new unlock screen that's in the shape of a dial. I use it now, instead of the sense ui unlock. I like it better. Did you see it?

Upvote 0
Been lurking around since May/June-ish right before the X was released... I've found so much information here and I've been able to get the 2.3 update and rooted because of you guys. I also think it's deodexed (?) my notification bar is black which I think requires that? Anyways, without you guys I wouldn't have been able to accomplish all of that so thanks!

While I'm here I had a few questions. Is there any way to change just the lockscreen wallpaper? I read that it was possible on some HTC phones. Is it not possible for our phones?

Also, is there any way to change the appearance of the call log? So that a contact only shows up once and clicking on their name will show the call log to that one person instead of having every single call in the call log? Coming from the Storm1 so something similar to that for anyone that was in the same crappy boat as me.

Upvote 0
Been lurking around since May/June-ish right before the X was released... I've found so much information here and I've been able to get the 2.3 update and rooted because of you guys. I also think it's deodexed (?) my notification bar is black which I think requires that? Anyways, without you guys I wouldn't have been able to accomplish all of that so thanks!

While I'm here I had a few questions. Is there any way to change just the lockscreen wallpaper? I read that it was possible on some HTC phones. Is it not possible for our phones?

Also, is there any way to change the appearance of the call log? So that a contact only shows up once and clicking on their name will show the call log to that one person instead of having every single call in the call log? Coming from the Storm1 so something similar to that for anyone that was in the same crappy boat as me.

Welcome to the DX community! Glad you signed up!

Regarding the screen lock, I have WidgetLocker, which offers about four or five different types of locks. I was using the sense ui lock, but they upgraded the app to include this cool android dial screen lock. I love it.

There might be something out there free for root users, which I am, but I'm not aware of it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones