• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Messages app

Hey guys when I'm texting someone if I send a text message that's a few lines long the recipient doesn't receive it. Any ideas? Thanks!

Ok, first we need some information:
1. What texting app are you using? Most important!
2. Does this happen all the time or only some of the time?
3. If it's some of the time, are there any factors that might contribute to this happening?

Upvote 0
Ok, first we need some information:
1. What texting app are you using? Most important!
2. Does this happen all the time or only some of the time?
3. If it's some of the time, are there any factors that might contribute to this happening?

I'm using the Google messages app, sorry didn't mention that I assumed it would be the one most ppl used 😅😅 the built in one.. it's been happening pretty much all the time the pasted few days apparently there is a bug in the app? Did you hear about that?

Is there another messages app I could use in the meantime? Thanks man :)

Reactions: markdoc
Upvote 0
I'm using the Google messages app, sorry didn't mention that I assumed it would be the one most ppl used 😅😅 the built in one.. it's been happening pretty much all the time the pasted few days apparently there is a bug in the app? Did you hear about that?

Is there another messages app I could use in the meantime? Thanks man :)
Have you tried to clear the app's cache and/or force stop it? Also uninstalling, restarting your phone and installing it again can correct bugs. If that doesn't work, then read on. :)
I don't use the Google messaging app. I tend not to use any of the standard apps because I've found others that I like better. There are lots of messaging apps to choose from. I am currently using a fairly simple texting app called Textra. I was using a much larger, more involved texting app but it developed all sorts of glitches and support wasn't good. Some of the glitches were similar to what you're reporting and when I used a different app, they were gone. Textra is relatively new and has really good support. I would try any other texting app and see if you have the same problem. My gut says it's the Google app & not your phone but the only way to know is to try a different app. You can actually text to yourself and see what happens if you don't have someone to test with.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Have you tried to clear the app's cache and/or force stop it? Also uninstalling, restarting your phone and installing it again can correct bugs. If that doesn't work, then read on.
smilie.png

I don't use the Google messaging app. I tend not to use any of the standard apps because I've found others that I like better. There are lots of messaging apps to choose from. I am currently using a fairly simple texting app called Textra. I was using a much larger, more involved texting app but it developed all sorts of glitches and support wasn't good. Some of the glitches were similar to what you're reporting and when I used a different app, they were gone. Textra is relatively new and has really good support. I would try any other texting app and see if you have the same problem. My gut says it's the Google app & not your phone but the only way to know is to try a different app. You can actually text to yourself and see what happens if you don't have someone to test with.

Thanks dude I tried all that but your gut is right it's the app the issue I'm just gonna wait for them to fix it tha ks man I appreciate the help

Reactions: markdoc
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones