1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Messages app

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by illenicK, Mar 12, 2020.

1. illenicK

illenicK Well-Known Member

Hey guys when I'm texting someone if I send a text message that's a few lines long the recipient doesn't receive it. Any ideas? Thanks!

2. markdoc

markdoc Android Expert

Ok, first we need some information:
    1. What texting app are you using? Most important!
    2. Does this happen all the time or only some of the time?
    3. If it's some of the time, are there any factors that might contribute to this happening?

3. illenicK

I'm using the Google messages app, sorry didn't mention that I assumed it would be the one most ppl used 😅😅 the built in one.. it's been happening pretty much all the time the pasted few days apparently there is a bug in the app? Did you hear about that?

Is there another messages app I could use in the meantime? Thanks man :)

markdoc likes this.
  4. markdoc

markdoc Android Expert

Have you tried to clear the app's cache and/or force stop it? Also uninstalling, restarting your phone and installing it again can correct bugs. If that doesn't work, then read on. :)
    I don't use the Google messaging app. I tend not to use any of the standard apps because I've found others that I like better. There are lots of messaging apps to choose from. I am currently using a fairly simple texting app called Textra. I was using a much larger, more involved texting app but it developed all sorts of glitches and support wasn't good. Some of the glitches were similar to what you're reporting and when I used a different app, they were gone. Textra is relatively new and has really good support. I would try any other texting app and see if you have the same problem. My gut says it's the Google app & not your phone but the only way to know is to try a different app. You can actually text to yourself and see what happens if you don't have someone to test with.

#4 markdoc, Mar 12, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2020
  5. tube517

tube517 Android Expert

Are you sure you are using the google messages app because that is not the "built in" messaging app on the LG V40?

Hadron and markdoc like this.
  6. illenicK

Yeah I am sure, I just replaced the app with something else while they fix it thanks

tube517 likes this.
  7. illenicK

Thanks dude I tried all that but your gut is right it's the app the issue I'm just gonna wait for them to fix it tha ks man I appreciate the help

markdoc likes this.
  8. markdoc

markdoc Android Expert

d78f85a8ef7fd0987fa32e6fa1b57b4b57cb1df0da1fca03fccf63dc3bd5d400.0.png

illenicK likes this.

LG V40 ThinQ Forum

The LG V40 ThinQ release date was October 2018. Features and Specs include a 6.4" inch screen, 16MP camera, 6GB RAM, Snapdragon 845 processor, and 3300mAh battery.

October 2018
Release Date
Reviews