• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help messages freezing

almcmullen

Lurker
Dec 7, 2015
So I have been reading posts on here about people having 2-3,000 messages in a conversation and it crashing.... I have a conversation that has transferred over a few phones long totaling almost five years that has over seventeen thousand messages. Last I checked it was at 17124 and I cannot even open the messages to delete them, every time I try the app goes dark and I have to restart the phone. Any suggestions? I've already tried using hangout to delete them and it did nothing
One other thing I feel necessary to mention, other than that conversation the built in messages app works perfectly (sometimes a little laggy but that is to be expected), it just takes up WAY too much memory.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones