• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Messages stuck loading

dgdave

Mar 23, 2010
My wife's resound started not pulling up text threads. She can see the list of threads, but when she chooses one, it sticks on loading. If she gets a text,she's able to go in and see all the messages. I had her clear the cache and the clear data button is greyed out and not clickable. I loaded go SMS and everything works fine.

Any ideas?

She's completely stock ics.

This is where I was going with it too, basically you have two choices... try a third-party app like Go SMS Pro (or your SMS app of choice), or stick with the stock message app and clear the troublesome messages out manually and start over by long-pressing the thread (don't open it) and click delete, you should also set a Max Msg per thread, in the message app go to Settings-General and tick "Delete old messages" and set your text and mms message limits, i find a setting of 500/50 is a good balance to use, this will generally prevent the issues you are seeing.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones