• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Messages + touch screen

Ismail1234

Lurker
Feb 11, 2013
Well the problem that suddenly appeared is : my touch screen stops working whenever I receive a message and I have to restart my device
this problem didn't use to exist, could it be the screen protecter?! or some apps that I installed?

any help would be greatly appreciated, ty.

Only happens during messaging? Is it stock or 3rd party?

Maybe screen protector, but find it unlikely as it's not happening anywhere else (strictly with messaging from what you're reporting). You can remove it and see to be sure.

Most likely messaging app is messed up or something causing a conflict with it.

Upvote 0
Narrow down to when you first noticed this and any tweaks/apps you added/installed. Remove the most recent and work your way backwards. If it doesn't resolve anything, the only other recourse would be a hard reset back to factory defaults. But back up all important data before doing this as this will wipe all data on the device.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones