• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Messaging Problems

xxRonna

Lurker
Oct 3, 2011
I recently moved away to college and began having problems with my messaging. People that I normally text all the time will randomly stop receiving messages from me. Sometimes if I turn my phone off and back on, it'll fix the problem, but it's a hassle to do this. Is anyone else having this problem? Anybody know how I can fix it? Thanks in advance for any help!!!

If the phone can receive but not send SMS it could be a carrier outage or issue 90% of the time.

Have any SMS apps like Handcent installed? Try uninstalling them. And if all else fails go to Settings>Privacy>Factory data reset (make sure back up my data is checked right above it first) to reset the phone. This probably will help.

It will delete installed apps (but will remember which ones you had to reinstall them easily). It will delete SMS threads and information on note applications. It won't delete anything from your SD card.

Java Programming

Reactions: xxRonna
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones