• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Messed up bad, need help.

Amishjello77

Lurker
Jul 24, 2015
Okay so i tried to flash my F6 with a new OS. however, when I was in TWRP, i accidentally wiped my zip and the internal storage, and I have been trying all day to fix it, I couldn't sideload because I couldn't mount in internal storage or /data. But, the last thing I tried, messed me up bad. Now my screen is black and nothing even comes on. This was the last thing I tried: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2683787
Specifically this step:
adb shell
killall -19 recovery
make_ext4fs /dev/block/mmcblk0p8
reboot
I typed in the code, and the whole thing froze, let it sit for about 3 hours before taking out the battery. and now I have a black screen.

I am now trying to do some instructions to unbrick my phone, however I need to be in download mode, and I cant even tell if my phone is on. My PC says it is an unrecognized device and has been disabled.

Have you tried to restore to factory using the lg mobile upgrade tool? Just plug your phone in to your pc while it's turned off, hold down power + volume up and it should put you in 'download mode'. From there just go to 'options' -> 'upgrade recovery' and it should restore you completely to the original rom.

Edit: If you can't even get in to download mode then I don't know what to say. I've never had that happen to me, nor have I had to ever use adb for this phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones