• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Messed up HTC Wildfire

Mshraks

Lurker
May 30, 2013
Hello everybody,

I think i messed up my HTC Wildfire very bad.
Ones it cam out of the box i wanted to S-off and do some stuff etc etc.

No everytime i turm my internet on i get a message that my Wildfire needs to upgrade.
I download the software but it will never ever install.

I cant flash the damn thing with Android flasher, i cant install new ROM`s RUU nothing is possible.
My HTC Wildfire is just complete blank.
I switched between different sd cards but also that doesnt made a different.

I dont even know anymore what latest version i need to install to get it back as out of the box.

I cant remove the revolutionary and also cant get my phone back to S-On.

Watched almost all movies on youtube, searched multiple forums but i cant get it recovered again.
If i got hair on my head i`ve pulled it out all already but im bold.
I`m going to search this forum further and further but if somebody can give me a shortcut to what to do i would be very thankfull.

Here some technical info:

-Revolutionary-
BUZZ PVT SHIP S-OFF
HBOOT-6.01.1002
MICROP-0622
Touch PANEL-SYN3KY_01
RADIO-3.35.19.25
nov 17 2010,12:08_53

Firmware version 2.1-update 1

Kernel-version
2.6.29-6 fb59e13

Buildnumber
1.37.405.1 CL262524

Software 1.37.405.1

[ Working with Windows 7 64bit ]

Welcome to the forum :)

I don't know the Wildfire, but questions which may help others: what recovery do you have? How are you trying to install ROMs (and which), and what messages do you get when you try? Is it responding to fastboot at all (eg "fastboot devices"), if not what messages. And again what messages when you try to run the RUU?

Giving more information will help identify the cause(s) of your problems. Even spelling out the stuff you assume can be taken for granted may help (it's the stuff we assume is right often catches us out).

As for the update, if that's an over the air update you don't want that on rooted phone - failing to install is probably a good thing, as it would likely mess something up. Turn off update checking/notification would be my advice.

Upvote 0
You typed your reply just before i wanted to say that my problem is solved.
First of all stupid me i totally forgot to instal the HTC USB drivers on my PC and than 2th i followed the instruction here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1160251

Finally the damn revolutionary is gone and i got my phone back on S-on, just the way it came right out of the box.
So finally i solved it myself, happy me.
This one can be closed.

Thx anyway ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones