• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Messenger notifications help please

the13bats

Apr 3, 2013
I have a new to me galaxy tab active 2 which I have been busy setting up to meet my needs.
I am not as savvy as i should be and sometimes i get my setting correct by chance and then mess them up which i have now done.
At 1st when i would receive a fb messenger notification it would show up on an home screen looking like a chat head of the person but a hair smaller and keep in mind chat heads were turned off,
So if i clicked on that chat head a small window would open showing the message thread with that person which had the option to open it full screen close it or leave it small, I liked this but some way I messed it up it's gone now anyone know what it was and how to get it back? and no, this was different to the chat heads toggle feature in messeger settings.
Many thanks.

Danny ty for the reply however when I do turn on chat heads it's not the same thing while the bubble of the person is similar its larger and before I didnt have the annoying other two bubbles at the top of the messenger thread window,
also this doesn't give that little small screen when I'm on homescreen and click the chat head bubble.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones