• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Metal? Why yes I would!

Nice to see Sabbath mentioned, since after all, they are pretty much the godfathers of metal. While maybe not technically metal, MC5 was pretty heavy for their time.

I was (still am) a Sabbath fan. If you listen to their stuff, it's really very innovative, musically - some songs have speed changes, different moods and really quite complex rhythms, not just the common 4/4 standard rock song format. It's more akin to prog rock. Honestly their material stands the test of time, and is so interesting to listen to, even now.
I have a great respect for the collective creativeness of the band members, and Ozzy was a fabulous singer. Dio took it to another level, and the stuff with him, like Mob Rules and Heaven and Hell was so well produced.

Just listening to some of their earlier stuff on Spotify. So good.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones