• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root MetaMorph Themes

From the thread at AD:

This is Dark Special Edition 10k and 24k. 10k is presented as an update.zip and should be installed first (Recovery image 99.2b or later is needed). 24k will theme almost every system icon a beautiful gold (Metamorph app from market is needed)

So if you just install the update.zip, I believe you should retain your stock icons. I can't remember if any of them were changed before I metamorphed. In any case, the update.zip is super easy to install so it's probably worth a shot.

figured it out thanks, I am loving the theme, its totally unique. only thing I dont like is that home++ is preinstalled in the systems folder :(

Upvote 0
TBH, I'd like the stock glass look with those RGB values I mentioned earlier - it's a sort of pastelish baby blue, I have used it a lot and love it.

Pure glass would be awesome as well - and I mean pure glass, everything transparent with only outlines to see where things are....

With my bg, pure glass screens and widgets and icons would make my phone look almost ethereal....

Is there a pure glass theme out there like that? I would love to have that also.

Upvote 0
How do you get the slide bar at teh bottom like this:

18552_300923973271_781058271_4647153_3178947_n.jpg

I installed the theme (can't believe it went so well!) and the red came through, but not the launcher. I really like that launcher. Also, does it actually work? Or is it for show?

Upvote 0
I just made my own remix of Smoked Glass. It's the newest Smoked Glass look and contains a lot of replacements. As far as I can tell it's nearly perfected, but I'm sure there are a few more things needed as people use it more. Please help me get the kinks out. Here is the link and preview of it.

The main thing about it is it gives back the OEM Green and Yellow but with the beauty of the Glass, and a tiny tweak.

Smoked Glass - Summerfish Remix

3.png

Upvote 0
How do you get the slide bar at teh bottom like this:

18552_300923973271_781058271_4647153_3178947_n.jpg

I installed the theme (can't believe it went so well!) and the red came through, but not the launcher. I really like that launcher. Also, does it actually work? Or is it for show?

The launcher has been removed since then unfourtunatley. It did work (a modded launcher2 from ported 2.1) However it was a very buggy build and a lot of FCs that user complained about so I had removed it from the package. Since then, I've been including Home++ instead. I've found it to be very stableand cleanm with a great customizeable build.

Upvote 0
I installed a theme or two and had to do a restore back to DroidMoid 1 because the phone would just stop responding and lock up (battery pull) black screen. FC on a few diff apps.

I did not think a theme would cause so many problems. Should have just changed some .png files around but it sure made my phone crazy!!

I want to try another theme but not if it's going to act like this. What is everyone running.

Upvote 0
I just changed my ROM today but before I did, I was running DroidMod 1.0 with the HTC Desire MM them that I posted above. Before that, I had ElegantDroid installed, and neither of those had any problems.

Today, I decided I would try Pete's ERE25 2.1 ROM, and after switching to that I loaded up the HTC Desire MM theme (2.1 ERE25 version) and I'm still running perfectly fine. Not experiencing any FC/battery pulls like you were mentioning.

I DID have several battery pulls after installing various things like the 2.0 lock screen, which btw does not work well with 2.1 ERE25 lol, and a few update.zip files to modify the ROM a bit here and there. But after those battery pulls, my phone has since been booting up quickly and running smoothly.

Upvote 0
I installed a theme or two and had to do a restore back to DroidMoid 1 because the phone would just stop responding and lock up (battery pull) black screen. FC on a few diff apps.

I did not think a theme would cause so many problems. Should have just changed some .png files around but it sure made my phone crazy!!

I want to try another theme but not if it's going to act like this. What is everyone running.

I'm having the same issue with Droidmod and applying themes. I get locked up and FC's pretty often. A little disappointed with Droid mod lately. It seemed back in the SMUpdater days, there would be a new version every few days. Since Droidmod 1.0 we've got nothing. Not a big fan of it not being themed and having to apply over for previous said reasons. Wish they would just GLass theme it and be done. Was super happy with "Sholes Mod". Weird.. same guys but seems different...

Upvote 0
Yeah but maybe now it will be tweaks and little things, until the next BIG thing is discovered. besides, these guys seem like they need some rest after cranking out the ROMs as fast as they did

But Pete's been updating all the time. There's really no reason to keep up with DroidMod anymore. Last I remember hearing anything new about them was from before we got ERE25-based ROMs...

Upvote 0
Seems they have lost some of their motivation to keep making new ROM's....

I think it has more to do with that there is no need to update 1.0 because its so stable. We shall see though. I know Camel was looking for Dev's to work on a side Theme project so they must be doing something.

But Pete's been updating all the time. There's really no reason to keep up with DroidMod anymore. Last I remember hearing anything new about them was from before we got ERE25-based ROMs...

IMO Pete has too many releases but it would be nice if DM would have a few more then they do. I sure hope so cause it feels like they are falling behind.

Upvote 0
Hey guys, Ive been messing with themes and Ive settled on a hybrid that I really like. The problem Im having is that some icons haven't changed from theme to theme.

I tried 24k and now that Ive decided its not for me I have some app icons that wont change no matter what theme I try.

So can anyone tell me how to change individual icons? Thanks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones