• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

metro discontinued the ascend

True it looks from the specs to be a pretty darn good phone. I am waiting also to see the new Samsung they are supposed to release in Aug/Sep. It supposed to have 4-6gb of on board memory, and a 800mhz processor. Should be capable of running Flash.

the real name of that phone it revolution but thats metropcs brand

Upvote 0
Yeah..but look at the boostmobile Galaxy Prevail...great specs..800mhz processor plenty of ram, but still not a flash on the camera..then you take that cheap Motorola i1 and its slow as hell, and has a 5mp camera with Flash...lol..

I talked to a guy in my area today that has a store that he flashes phones for boost and metro with everything working even 4g if the phone is 4g capable. His pricing is the following

Droid2 225.00 Fully flashed to Boost or Metro
DroidX 250.00 Fully flashed to either carrier
Evo 4g 280-300 again fully flashed
Evo Shift 225 fully flashed

The list goes on and on, as he said he can flash any VZ or Sprint phone to metro or boost..he even gets the ESNs added if they are not in the system..However as he said so far the Iphone he has only been able to get Talk and basic text working..so if you want MMS or Data you have to go through WIFI..

Although i am not a huge fan of the whole sliding keyboard thing...I am actually considering a Droid2 simply for the processing, and memory power..The specs are sweet, and a great camera with flash.. Even though its not 4g, but i rarely use data except for MMS, if i use data at all i am on WIFI, and its got a decent 3.7" screen...Not the full 4+ of Evo or Droid X..but for 1ghz speed, and 8gb of memory i can't not pass it up.
your friend says he can flash a verizon phone to metro? I didnt think you could since they use sim cards that would be awesome if true i have a vz deoid id love to use!

Upvote 0
I have this phone, my previous one was the M60 and I loved it. It broke though when I dropped it and I didn't have insurance. So I go for a replacement hoping to just get the same phone. They no longer carry it and the M835 is next notch up and not $$$ - I didn't want to pay $$$ for top of the line. I am not in love with the M835. It is faster, camera is better. It shuts down for no reason? Maybe it's hot. Also the keyboard sucks! I can't see it and I can't read messages. I went back and the guy said I'll get used to it. I can't return it now. Also, what has me really mad is Words with Friends isn't on the market! I've tried looking at the Metro PCS app store and Market - not there! Then tried d/l from Market on internet, says incompatible w/my device. WTF?

Upvote 0
According to 4 stores I've visted, the M860 has been discontinued.

But one of them, the same guy that sold me my Ascend, told me if I was thinking of the M835, to put my wallet up, cause its not worth the price or hardware. Might be cheap, but I'll need the 20 for when the next one replaces the M835.

Babolick, that's cause of the Ascend's processor type and hardware. Really crappeh.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones