• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Metro PCS 30 dollar plan

bg1287

Jun 6, 2014
Royal Oak, MI
So I went into a Metro dealer yesterday and asked him if I could activate my Samsung Galaxy Light phone under their 30 dollar plan and he said no. He told me that the 30 dollar plan is only available with certain phones and this isn't one of them.

Is that true? That seems a little bogus to me. I don't see anything anywhere else really about such a restriction.

Here are the terms for the $30 plan:

$30 Plan Offer: Limited time offer. See metropcs.com for details. Offer not valid in Indiana. $30 promotional plan available only to customers with GSM phones with 3G/4G (non-LTE) connectivity purchased from MetroPCS. Nationwide long distance only available to continental U.S. and Puerto Rico. Fees include regulatory fees only and exclude non-recurring customer fees. Phone selection and availability may vary. Restrictions apply. MetroPCS coverage and services not available everywhere. Rates, services, coverage, and features subject to change. MetroPCS services for personal use only. Abnormal Usage: Service may be slowed, suspended, terminated, or restricted for misuse, abnormal use, interference with our network or ability to provide quality service to other users, or roaming usage predominance. See store or metropcs.com for details, restrictions and Terms and Conditions of Service (including arbitration provision).Copyright and Trademark: MetroPCS related brands, product names, company names, trademarks, and other intellectual property are the exclusive property of T-Mobile USA, Inc. Copyright © 2015 T-Mobile USA, Inc.

Reactions: confed
Upvote 0
I wish I would've known this before signing on the $50 plan to waive the activation fee, I asked the rep 5 times if I could switch back to the $30 plan after signing for this one and each time he said I could. I then called metro last night and they told me I couldn't, then he also told me the wrong amount I would be paying each month, he misquoted on the insurance. The guy couldn't even read or write, we had to spell everything out for him and this took 2= hours when it should take 30mins. So ridiculous that he tells me this and its the complete opposite.

Upvote 0
I wish I would've known this before signing on the $50 plan to waive the activation fee, I asked the rep 5 times if I could switch back to the $30 plan after signing for this one and each time he said I could. I then called metro last night and they told me I couldn't, then he also told me the wrong amount I would be paying each month, he misquoted on the insurance. The guy couldn't even read or write, we had to spell everything out for him and this took 2= hours when it should take 30mins. So ridiculous that he tells me this and its the complete opposite.
I am sure he can read and right, but can you tell me what happened (so I can avoid doing it to my customers)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones