• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Metro PCS system update

Screenshot, in case anyone needs to see it. Please advise and thanks.
Gi7jlrw.png
Sooooo, I did download this update, usually never do so but figured it was sent from MetroPCS, my carrier. My phone is total stuck on start up screen and has been all day. Are you aware of any fix for this?

Upvote 0
So I screwed up and downloaded and installed the update. I have TWRP recovery on my phone and now my phone will only boot to the recovery screen. Can anyone help me fix this?

If you ever made TWRP (complete) back up of your phone, you can certainly go back to that point. But it sounds like you haven't done it.

If you don't have TRWP backup, you need to use someone else's.

1. Download Jack Mickey's file from here. You only need boot.emmc.win and system.ext4.win
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BwiZWH23HodoSVNQMjJITzlsWEE

2. Place two files to your SD card

3. Boot your phone into TWRP mode. Factory reset, clear data.

4. Use restore function. Navigate to your SD card and highlight those two files.

5. It will take about 3-5 mins. Your phone will go back to complete stock status.

Upvote 0
If you ever made TWRP (complete) back up of your phone, you can certainly go back to that point. But it sounds like you haven't done it.

If you don't have TRWP backup, you need to use someone else's.

1. Download Jack Mickey's file from here. You only need boot.emmc.win and system.ext4.win
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BwiZWH23HodoSVNQMjJITzlsWEE

2. Place two files to your SD card

3. Boot your phone into TWRP mode. Factory reset, clear data.

4. Use restore function. Navigate to your SD card and highlight those two files.

5. It will take about 3-5 mins. Your phone will go back to complete stock status.

I tried doing this and it still doesnt work

Upvote 0
I did the update a few days ago. Now I'm getting the message to update again. This time I took screen shots of the software versions. They stayed the same. Does anyone know for sure what this update does? I do see ads that MetroPCS is allowing more bandwidth tomorrow 11/19 so I'm assuming they are moving to a new network.

Quick_Memo_2015_11_18_16_40_08.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi. I received a notification for a "free metro pcs android update". I downloaded it but have yet to install as I saw some older threads stating that these updates tend to unroot your phone. I was wondering if anyone else has received this notification and installed. Or would you recommend that I avoid installation. If so, how can I disable the notification? Please advise and thanks!

P. S. I have a LG Optimus F60. There isn't a link for this phone on here...

I suggest not installing this update if your phone is rooted. It will cause some serious problems!
I think the file size is 44.50MB.
To remove this update pull down Notification Bar. On the notification for the Update, press & hold the circle with the letter...i... in it. A page will popup. Select,
NONE only. This will turn off any Notifications for the Update.
Done.

Upvote 0
I downloaded the update. You cant avoid it. You can for maybe a week or 2 but it will eventually take over and update against your will and it will most likely be at the most inconvenient time in the world. Like you're trapped in a building thats on fire and nobody knows you're in there bc they are just watching it burn and u cant even make a call or text because "system update"

Upvote 0
I downloaded the update. You cant avoid it. You can for maybe a week or 2 but it will eventually take over and update against your will and it will most likely be at the most inconvenient time in the world. Like you're trapped in a building thats on fire and nobody knows you're in there bc they are just watching it burn and u cant even make a call or text because "system update"
I don't know if that is true. I have seen the update notification for months and months now. It has yet to update automatically. I think U have to do this intentionally. In any case, if U have installed TWRP, the feedback here is that the results are catastrophic. If I knew how to let it update successfully, I would consider it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones