• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS/CDMA] AOKP vs CyanogenMod

What aare you rocking on your gs3;)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Right now. Cyanogen. 4.2 is still under construction and the cm people are doing the constructions. Even after the release of m2, there has been hella improvements made. When it looks like the only improvements left are only cosmetics then, I will wait for an aokp that's built off it and try it out cause they do add some useful features.

P. S. This goes for all 4.2 roms. Because from what I've seen. All of them are built off cm10.1.

Upvote 0
I use the CM rom - it's simple and smooth.

The only thing I've noticed is that sometimes (after flashing a new nightly) pressing the home button will show the tasks (which should only happen when long-pressed) instead of taking you home. It's kind of frustrating, but it seems to happen on almost every other nightly.

I don't know if I'm the only one this happens to. :bebored:

Reactions: Rxpert83
Upvote 0
I use the CM rom - it's simple and smooth.

The only thing I've noticed is that sometimes (after flashing a new nightly) pressing the home button will show the tasks (which should only happen when long-pressed) instead of taking you home. It's kind of frustrating, but it seems to happen on almost every other nightly.

I don't know if I'm the only one this happens to. :bebored:

That's happened to me too. It happened to me yesterday on AOKP. :eek:

Upvote 0
I like em' all. :p

In all honesty I hate numerous options.

Hard to read because text based answer. Twas a sarcastic comment. Just make backups and flash em all. Try them all out. Everyone has their preferences and you won't know yours till u try it out. Happy flashing bubba.

Same here....Never met a ROM i wouldn't flash...Like a woman in a shoe store...bring 'em all on...daddy wants to try them all...

Upvote 0
I usually get my phone set up exactly how I want when another badass ROM gets released. First world problems.

34753344.jpg

i-know-that-feel-bro.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones