• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS/CDMA] Need some help from a local! LOL

a jig wont help you. it was used in old days to boot into download mode, you apparently erased download mode, otherwise youd be booting ;)

you can either do the sdcard unbrick, or pay for a jtag. mobiletechvideos charges 50 bucks, i can give ya a code to get 5% off bringing it down to 45 bucks to have it fixed by them.

Upvote 0
Well after about 400 tries doing the sdcard trick using windows, and linux to try it my phone is still dead 100% wont turn on only way i can even get a charge light to come on is if i plyug it in when battery is not connected LOL guess im out of a gs3 :p good excuse to buy a new phone i suppose just wanted to thank everyone who tried to help me with this issue much appreciated.

Upvote 0
i replie dto your pm but figured id post here so its available for the public to see etc. the speed of the sdcard shouldnt matter, but ive honestly never heard of anyone trying it without class 10. from my understanding it scans your sdcard on boot and sees a properly formatted partition layout and instead boots from that. which you should have if you flashed teh image to your sdcard.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones