• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS/CDMA] New To The Galaxy S3

Ray305

Jul 20, 2011
Florida
This Wednesday I will be receiving the white Galaxy S3 as a gift and I will be switching over from the LG Motion 4G. It will be deactivated therefore I must activate it myself. To do that, would I just get my 4G sim card from my motion 4g and put it into the s3 or is there something extra that must be done? I can't wait to be apart of this community :)

This Wednesday I will be receiving the white Galaxy S3 as a gift and I will be switching over from the LG Motion 4G. It will be deactivated therefore I must activate it myself. To do that, would I just get my 4G sim card from my motion 4g and put it into the s3 or is there something extra that must be done? I can't wait to be apart of this community :)

Welcome :) and um if your receiving the white metro gs3 then it should already come with the uicc card. if the previous owner took the uicc card "what ya call the sim card" then tell him theres no need to keep it since it doesnt store contacts or pics or anything and the phone is useless without it well wort off lets just say no 4g ;) anyways make sure the phone does indeed come with the uicc card if not i believe you can buy a replacement for a few bucks but still not worth getting without it.

Reactions: nuttmeg
Upvote 0
Welcome :) and um if your receiving the white metro gs3 then it should already come with the uicc card. if the previous owner took the uicc card "what ya call the sim card" then tell him theres no need to keep it since it doesnt store contacts or pics or anything and the phone is useless without it well wort off lets just say no 4g ;) anyways make sure the phone does indeed come with the uicc card if not i believe you can buy a replacement for a few bucks but still not worth getting without it.

Errr metro stop selling the iccd cards since BYOD started from what I been told. Might get lucky to find 1 in the markets that still sells the old CDMA phones like Michigan/Detroit so it's possible that metro might be able to order 1 from there hopefully.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones