• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS/CDMA] [ROM][OFFICIAL]CarbonRom 4.3

Martin714

Android Expert
Jul 13, 2011
Santa Ana, CA
CarbonRom is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. The team is composed of former members of Team Liquid who have forked the code in an attempt to bring greater speed, better coding, and full authorship to code. We are in no way affiliated with Liquid0624. The rom was forked at Liquid beta 3.2.1 and has since undergone major code changes and modifications. Please note that on some devices the kernel is not yet linaro compiled.

Please feel free to look at, build, and use our code on CarbonDev GitHub.

While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! If you have questions, ask your fellow users or ask us in #teamcarbon on freenode IRC.

Features:

Here are just a few of the features:

• Android 4.3
    PIE
    Halo
    AOKP Ribbons
    Comprehensive speed enhancements, including Linaro -O3 and processor-specific optimizations
    Unofficial Voodoo Sound support on Note 2 and i9300 devices.
    Option to hide lockscreen hints
    Carousel lockscreen
    Customizable lockscreen buttons and sliders
    Chronus clock widget
    Customizable hardware and software keys
    Transparent navbar and status bar
    Customizable navbar ring
    Navbar arrow keys
    Navigation bar widgets
    Customizable power menu
    Notification power widget
    Notification brightness adjustment
    Customizable quicksettings panel
    Statusbar mods including center clock and color
    LCD Density
    Theme engine
    Quiet hours
    Volume rocker music controls
    Full Rotation
    Customizable battery and notification light
    More that haven't even been mentioned, and more to come!
Join us on these Social Media Channels to keep yourself up-to-date on all the latest Carbon news, updates, contests, and more! Join our completely open Google+ community for insider conversation with devs and other users!

Download Carbon:
Goo.im Downloads - Browsing d2mtr

GAPPS
Goo.im Downloads - Browsing gapps

Extras
Goo.im Downloads - Browsing extras
BUGS KNOWN: Let me know what bugs you run into!!!

Who is Team Carbon?

andros11

BigShotRob

dg4prez

Kejar31

mattmanwrx

morfic

nocoast

pixeldotz

slick_rick

ToxicThunder

winner0

This is my new fav rom. Was on it since 1.1 and as of today im running 1.3 with the latest lean kernel. Its rocks!

Only issue tho.. Camera is weird now. When i snap a pic my gallery force closes. Pics never show up. Anyone know a fix? I may try recovery to fix permissions see if it helps any. And yes i did a proper clean flash. Same way ive done it hundreds of times

Upvote 0
This is my new fav rom. Was on it since 1.1 and as of today im running 1.3 with the latest lean kernel. Its rocks!

Only issue tho.. Camera is weird now. When i snap a pic my gallery force closes. Pics never show up. Anyone know a fix? I may try recovery to fix permissions see if it helps any. And yes i did a proper clean flash. Same way ive done it hundreds of times
they said on there facebook that they know about the camera bug that they will fix on next update ;)

EDIT: try replacing the camera app and gallery for now see what happens

Reactions: satellitez
Upvote 0
backup of what? im on my touchwhiz rom or shoudl i restore the stock rooted one nuttmeg has up?
EDIT: also when i opened up my touchwiz backup it decided to pretend that i was using my s3 for the first time...as in all my icons from homescreen and widgets were gone

Ok let me get it straight... You backed up ur TW rom then installed carbon then restored ur tw rom and it was acting up right?

Upvote 0
Ok let me get it straight... You backed up ur TW rom then installed carbon then restored ur tw rom and it was acting up right?
no i was on miui rom, then decided to flash carbonrom. I wiped cache dalvik factory reset and system wipe. then i flashed the rom. When i saw noen of my internal memory was left and i had even checked the 0 folder, i went to my touchwiz backup, where my internal memory was back but almost of my downloaded apps crashed...just curious do you find the 0 folder thoruhg root browser or is it just out in the sdcard folder(cuz thats the one i found)

Upvote 0
no i was on miui rom, then decided to flash carbonrom. I wiped cache dalvik factory reset and system wipe. then i flashed the rom. When i saw noen of my internal memory was left and i had even checked the 0 folder, i went to my touchwiz backup, where my internal memory was back but almost of my downloaded apps crashed...just curious do you find the 0 folder thoruhg root browser or is it just out in the sdcard folder(cuz thats the one i found)

Oh I got u... I use root explorer...go to the folder that's named mount not storage... I'm not on the rom yet so I can't remember exactly what folder my internal was in but look through the folders I'm pretty sure u will find it

Upvote 0
Oh I got u... I use root explorer...go to the folder that's named mount not storage... I'm not on the rom yet so I can't remember exactly what folder my internal was in but look through the folders I'm pretty sure u will find it
i just tried...the only 0 folder i found was in sdcard(internal) and it has nothing in it because its the one from carbon rom...the thing is tht everything is back now that i went back but every app just force closes...should i go to stock rooted nuttmegg posted and then try to restore from my romtoolbox backup of my apps and data?

Upvote 0
i just tried...the only 0 folder i found was in sdcard(internal) and it has nothing in it because its the one from carbon rom...the thing is tht everything is back now that i went back but every app just force closes...should i go to stock rooted nuttmegg posted and then try to restore from my romtoolbox backup of my apps and data?

It won't be a folder named 0.. Is there one named shell.... Look through all the folders in Mount

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones