1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root [MetroPCS] F6 on sale - $99 for a limited time

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by DealerMan, Jan 15, 2014.

1. DealerMan

DealerMan Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2012
    Downtown Bordello
    The Alamo
    Got a text from MPCS this morning, 4G phones on sale for as low as $29. The F6 is $99, just what I needed to see to push me over from my 2+ year-old Admire. I wish the discount had been greater for the GSIII, it only went down from $369 to $349.

I've been following the availability of root for the F6, it seems to be a bit convoluted now. I just want to be sure, it can safely be rooted using the cydia impactor method, or should I use saferoot?

Thanks for any and all advice.

Advertisement

2. cerealkillerxx

None

Jan 15, 2014
    I would also like to know this. This is a great price for this phone. The only downside is the memory (and not being able install most things onto the card). That's where the rooting comes into play. Any chance someone could make a detailed guide on how to safely root this thing?

3. SP4WND

SP4WND Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 19, 2013
    Male
    help my fellow root buddies
    kriptonia
    Dude its so easy all u need to do is download. The safe method on ur computer unzip it and plug ur phone to the PC then run the the install file remember. To turn ur debuging mode on ur phone and that's that it will reboot and done its rooted after that go to playstore and download. Super SU BY CHAIN FIRE. then go to the thread that token poke did and do the SD expansion method or init d storage expansion after that ur all done
    If I help hit the thanks button and yes u can pm me,for anything. :D happy modding

4. DealerMan

Jan 5, 2012
    Downtown Bordello
    The Alamo
    It appears that MPCS wants to move these phones. I ordered online yesterday morning for $79. $99 was the price, and they'll mail a $20 rebate (gift card I think) after 2 months.

5. jokerpks

jokerpks Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 13, 2013
    Male
    Education
    New York
    I finally decided to buy this phone. I was anxious about getting it as soon as possible so I went to my local MetroPCS store and long story short the B**** tried to sell me the phone for $289. Beware of these f***king scammers. I bought the phone for $107.79 online and to activate I'll pay another $15 but I decided to find out how many more scumbags like this are out there. So I called another store nearby and they told me there is a $100 mail in rebate for this phone. #@$!!!! But the price is the same.

6. morgankslade

morgankslade Android Expert
    None

Aug 9, 2011
    Mens Formalwear
    Southeast, Michigan
    You should be able to skip that $15 activation fee as well. Call 1888metro8 and let them do it. Unless you need a SIM card. You can get online for $10.60, then call.

jokerpks likes this.
  7. jokerpks

jokerpks Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 13, 2013
    Male
    Education
    New York

I already have a SIM card considering I have the Fierce right now. That's exactly what I'm gonna do thanks.

8. morgankslade

None

Aug 9, 2011
    Mens Formalwear
    Southeast, Michigan
  9. DealerMan

Jan 5, 2012
    Downtown Bordello
    The Alamo
    $107.91 (with tax) was my total, and according to the info, the sim card is included with the phone. Fedex says delivery will be Wednesday afternoon, and I'm hoping to avoid the $15 activation fee as well doing it online.

10. benalmighty

benalmighty Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Avon Park, Fl.
    Now every time I go to order the phone, it tells me that my address is invalid or out of coverage (even though I get full 4g here at my house). They wont allow me to order over the phone. The stores wont sell them for less than $150. Is there another site that has it for $99.99? Thanks.

11. JesseBanks

JesseBanks Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 26, 2012
    Male
    Android Fanatic
    Brick City
    I bought this phone back in November...for around 235$...lost it shoveling snow and had no insurance 2 weeks ago...bought another one for 118$ because this is a great phone !

12. morgankslade

None

Aug 9, 2011
    Mens Formalwear
    Southeast, Michigan
    Website is up.

13. DealerMan

Jan 5, 2012
    Downtown Bordello
    The Alamo
    Ben, I had the same problem. I knew I was out of their 'coverage' area, so when I ordered from the MPCS site, I used a friends address for them to send it to. No problem there. After the order was placed and Fedex sent me a tracking number, I simply went to the Fedex site and changed the delivery address to a local Fedex drop location (for me, it was a Kinko's). Just print & take your MPCS invoice with the Fedex tracking number written on it, you should be good. I picked mine up this way, I'll be picking up my wife's phone tomorrow just the same.

benalmighty likes this.
  14. Codawg

Codawg Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2011
    I had a terrible experience at the stores as well. They tried to charge me sales tax for the full $199 and just rebate the $100 pocketing the extra tax!!!! Went down the street to another location, same thing! I turned them B*****s in for tax fraud.

Wound up walking out and just claiming on my insurance to get back my lost Premia 4G. If the 4.4 update happens though I may not be able to resist any longer.... lol

15. benalmighty

None

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Avon Park, Fl.

Thanks. Though I believe it was a system error, as I was able to order it yesterday without an issue.

16. benalmighty

None

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Avon Park, Fl.
    What is the best way to activate the phone on an existing line? I currently have the LG Motion 4g (which also has a SIM). I was thinking it was possible to simply place the old SIM in the F6 and then call for activation. Any information on this would be greatly appreciated.

17. morgankslade

None

Aug 9, 2011
    Mens Formalwear
    Southeast, Michigan
    Isnt the Motion CDMA...If so it doesn't have a SIM, it has a ICCID card for 4g service. A SIM card should have came with your device. If not...
    You will need a SIM card that you should by online for $10.60, but If it does call 1-888-8metro8 or *228 from another phone it will give you the option to activate/change phones. FREE. They will ask you for some numbers in your NEW phone and tell you to insert SIM.
    Viola.

benalmighty likes this.
  18. benalmighty

None

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Avon Park, Fl.

Thank you. I'm sure this information will help others as well.

19. ayi

ayi Member
    None

Dec 10, 2013
    Just recently brought it for 99$ and got a 0.99$ unlock on ebay and using it on tmobile. There's a 20$ rebate and if you're on a large plan ther's another 20$ rebate, so if your a metropcs customer you can get it for 59.99.

20. hubsabubs

hubsabubs Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 11, 2012
    Male
    Self Employed
    Dallas, GA
    After, spanning 20+ Metro Stores in my area and scouring all ends of the local Craigslist, I finally gave up hunting for the F6 and ordered the phone online as it was out of stock and on limited back order. 5 or so of the stores told me they would "sell" me the phone now and "hold" it for me, all I would have to pay is 200$ up front. HA HA HA! Yeah.... that's a big No! Not happening. Also they wouldn't honor my 20$ discount promo code I got from the Metro PCS Monster Jam 2014 in Atlanta.

They tried charging me in store full price, 200$ for the Phone + 15$ Activation, 30$ Case, 30$ SD Card and 10$ Screen Protector. I went online using my promo code and paid 59.99$ and got the Phone + Free Activation, Case w/ Holster + Sceen Protector + 16gb SD Card for 20$ including delivery fees from Amazon. Spent 79.99$ in total. I always like finding a way to piss off MetroPCS employees, like by going back and telling them the cheaper way I did things, that avoid paying for services given most times crappily and undereducated, that are overpriced and outrageous also like overpaying 30$ for a case that cost 25 cents to make and costs 5$ to buy online.

Like when they tried to charge me to "update" my old Optimus M in store for 10$ back 3 yrs ago, when I turned and stood in the store and told 10 different customers that were there for the update too how to do the update for free my pressing 5 buttons on the phone itself using the MyMetro App built into the phone.

Sidenote :

Remember everyone, the F6 uses a Micro SIM Card not a regular Old School Sim Card like for example the Coolpad used. Also make sure the SIM # they ask for on the website or phone when "Upgrading" phones is case sensitive. You know the one they ask for on the SIM Card they send you. Make sure the Letter at the end of the sequence is Capitalized!!!! I kept trying leaving the "F" on mine "f" and it kept refusing it til I made it "F".

Some people I noticed on other threads had issue "Upgrading" on the website, claiming the site was having issues when it was just them not putting in the # right. Also the "Serial #" they ask for is the IMEI # not the phones actual serial #.