• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help metropcs samsung admire sd card question

i have the samsung admire from metropcs and i was wondering how i can move certain applications to my sdcard, i know you go into applications then u can click move to sd card. but it will only let me do this with my pokerapp. i also have words with friends yahoo fantasy hockey and a bunch of other crap that when i goto the settings the move to sd card setting is just dulled out and i cant click it!

i have the samsung admire from metropcs and i was wondering how i can move certain applications to my sdcard, i know you go into applications then u can click move to sd card. but it will only let me do this with my pokerapp. i also have words with friends yahoo fantasy hockey and a bunch of other crap that when i goto the settings the move to sd card setting is just dulled out and i cant click it!

The "move to sd" is actually a feature that the dev of a particular app has to implement into their app. There are programs that will allow you to 'force' any app to the sd card but, unless you know what to move and what not to move, I wouldn't recommend it as you can run into problems. For example, if you move an app that has an included widget to the sd card the widget will no longer work. hth

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones