• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

MetroPCS samsung galaxy s4

Hmm, I saw the new listings and didn't even see new york was not on the byod list, I think they must have made a mistake on the website.:eek:

You obviously missed the part where they TOLD me that (NYC not BYOD yet) on Faceplant. (Actually I said they Said it there but...)

Doesn't sound like a mistake to me.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Upvote 0
You obviously missed the part where they TOLD me that (NYC not BYOD yet) on Faceplant. (Actually I said they Said it there but...)

Doesn't sound like a mistake to me.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl
Seems odd to me that they would tell them in the new york area to go into a metro store and buy the s4, yet they would not sell them the sim card?

So either they have lots of people come in and not be able to buy the phone or they can buy them but they dont think they have enough sim cards for byod at the moment.

Upvote 0
Who said they won't get a Sim card with a new S4?

They're pairing the Sims to the Phone anyway.

I have no clue why NYC is S4 and not BYOD. Obviously that's not how they've done it so far.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Sorry I ran too many thoughts together in that post, I was very unclear.:eek:

I meant
1st, People go into new york metro stores expecting to buy S4, and they get turned away,
2nd, People go in buy the S4 and all is good But others thinking the s4 is sold therefore sim cards will be go in with there byod and get told no sim cards for sale.

Upvote 0
I'm in the NYC market so I'm hoping BYOD is coming here soon. I Don't think I'm gonna pull the trigger on the S4 though. It's a fantastic phone for the price but I can get a Nexus 4 or an unlocked S3 for like $250 less. Sure the S4 is the better phone, but to me not $250 better. But I know for others it's gonna be the opposite land their gonna cop the S4 on release lol.

Reactions: Fuzzy13
Upvote 0
Sorry I ran too many thoughts together in that post, I was very unclear.:eek:

I meant
1st, People go into new york metro stores expecting to buy S4, and they get turned away,
2nd, People go in buy the S4 and all is good But others thinking the s4 is sold therefore sim cards will be go in with there byod and get told no sim cards for sale.

well i went to my metro store and no s4 or sim cards

Upvote 0
Is it just where I live or do metro stores not answer the phone in other states?

I swear I've called 20 metro stores in GA and not a single one answered the phone. I know the local corporate stores don't have phones but I called authorized dealers.

And most of them had cell phone voice mail. Wth.

I had experienced the same when calling metro is a mess I just went there personally so if you can is better in person :)

Upvote 0
Really its the same tower broadcasting 2 ids that make it seem like different towers but its really same tower, same spectrum, same backhaul.

*After they have combined the markets they combine everything but they leave the ids separate to represent the previous network 311-660 for CDMA/LTE phones 310-260 for every tmobile phone and metro GSM and BYOD

Reactions: mike28
Upvote 0
Really its the same tower broadcasting 2 ids that make it seem like different towers but its really same tower, same spectrum, same backhaul.

*After they have combined the markets they combine everything but they leave the ids separate to represent the previous network 311-660 for CDMA/LTE phones 310-260 for every tmobile phone and metro GSM and BYOD

Thanks gman :thumbup:

Upvote 0
It would be nice if the S4 had the ability to pick up both Metro's and T-mobile's networks instead of just T-mobile's... If it did that I would be picking one up for sure...
That would require a phone with both cdma and gsm radios, Verizon has a few of those, they call them global phones, I dont know if sprint does but they might.
However that would increase the price and decrease battery life not to mention it would only work for short term, it would not be worth buying.
Isn't that suppose to happen in 2015? Once cdma is shut down?
I seen Gman covered this :D

Reactions: mike28
Upvote 0
actually the tmobile s4 was launched with a surprisingly different number SGH-M919 change that m to a t and you get the behold, which if im not mistaken was samsung's first android phone for tmobile. fast forward a few years and now they have m for a brand new network :p

i am however concerned on why no one has bought a metropcs sgs3/4 and visited us... i need teh build.props to do cm etc :/

Upvote 0
actually the tmobile s4 was launched with a surprisingly different number SGH-M919 change that m to a t and you get the behold, which if im not mistaken was samsung's first android phone for tmobile. fast forward a few years and now they have m for a brand new network :p

i am however concerned on why no one has bought a metropcs sgs3/4 and visited us... i need teh build.props to do cm etc :/
Check GC its the thread with the last post on the 6th

It was this user he had one http://androidforums.com/members/z80cpu.html

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones