• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Micromax A70 General FAQ and Discussion

plz give me details about these build prop

persist.sys.multitouch=2 (i tried doing it 1/false but sys is still multitouch)

# This defines the min duration between two pointer event in ms
ro.min_pointer_dur=10 (tried this also with valus 60,100 bt no change)

# disable touch below 60 pixels
mot.proximity.distance=60 (dont what this is but tried and no diff)

i want to know what last two properties do exctly

Upvote 0
plz give me details about these build prop

persist.sys.multitouch=2 (i tried doing it 1/false but sys is still multitouch)

# This defines the min duration between two pointer event in ms
ro.min_pointer_dur=10 (tried this also with valus 60,100 bt no change)

mot.proximity.distance=60 (dont what this is but tried and no diff)

i want to know what last two properties do exctly

Yup i think I know this :)

Multitouch =2 its a hardware property stating the number of touches the screen takes in or can take in at a single time ... try making it 3 or 4 and see if the device takes them ...

for the ro.min_pointer_dur=10

Pointer cancellation

When using touch or pen input, sometimes pointers on the screen can be canceled. For example, if your screen supports no more than two simultaneous touch points and you add a third finger to the screen, one of the other points will be canceled because the hardware cannot track three points. [http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ie/hh673557(v=vs.85).aspx]

and
mot.proximity.distance=60 clearly states that it will consider any 2 touches to be 1 if you touch in a distance below 60 pixels
like two fingers you use to touch is not separated by 60 pixels they will be treated as one finger itself by the software

Hope that helps :)

Upvote 0
Yup i think I know this :)

Multitouch =2 its a hardware property stating the number of touches the screen takes in or can take in at a single time ... try making it 3 or 4 and see if the device takes them ...

for the ro.min_pointer_dur=10

Pointer cancellation

When using touch or pen input, sometimes pointers on the screen can be canceled. For example, if your screen supports no more than two simultaneous touch points and you add a third finger to the screen, one of the other points will be canceled because the hardware cannot track three points. [http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ie/hh673557(v=vs.85).aspx]

and
mot.proximity.distance=60 clearly states that it will consider any 2 touches to be 1 if you touch in a distance below 60 pixels
like two fingers you use to touch is not separated by 60 pixels they will be treated as one finger itself by the software

Hope that helps :)

The mot thing is wholly uzeless. Its only for motorola phones. There are no handlers for this in complete AOSP sources or kernel source of any non-moto phone I referred.
And the multitouch part you spoke of is valid only if the multitouch points are 2+

Upvote 0
Hello ,

My micromax a70 start clicking/touching all apps without even touching the screen. I got phone reflashed from market /shop and after that problem reduced drastically . Do you feel its touch/screen problem and I have to change touch hardware but if that is the case why reflashing solved problem like 90 % less . please comment /suggest.

Regards,
sandeep

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones