• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Micromax saying no

@manish you cant get a house at the price you rent it.....
mind these words

common in dude I haven't used a vulgar language or something
I know everyone has the right to express in this country
and we are not asking for a gb update actually mmx might not afford to give" gingerbread update at that price(I don't want to start all over again on that techisycho)just give us the sorce code and we are happy with that
I mean what is the use of having a android without cm7, miui, overclocking,and all that tweaks

Upvote 0
common in dude I haven't used a vulgar language or something
I know everyone has the right to express in this country
and we are not asking for a gb update actually mmx might not afford to give" gingerbread update at that price(I don't want to start all over again on that techisycho)just give us the sorce code and we are happy with that
I mean what is the use of having a android without cm7, miui, overclocking,and all that tweaks

:) Agree, but suppose, I want something from you, you have agreed for it on facebook, but you are not giving soon. So, i have started to make bad publicity about you : will that make you to do my work?????

I dont think so...

BTW, how old are you?

Upvote 0
1. Manish, please use either english or use devnagari font
2. What the hell we are going to achieve with Gingerbread......

OK, let me come to point directly..

Tell me 10 thing, for which you want Gingerbread and which can not be achieved on Froyo(you can root, use plenty of tweakings)?????

This question is for everyone out there searching for Gingerbread.....

I was also thinking same, but later i realized that Froyo is more stable than gingerbread. I Know gingerbread will give you better battery, but that can be achieved on Froyo using GreenPower or Juice Defender....

No Hard feelings.. Just think in rational way...

you've driven in some very vital points

1. regarding proper communication & conduct in a forum + respecting our national language.

2. over hyped gingerbread mania.

3. If we should get a lesser stable version of android then it could be ICS also.

Upvote 0
Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) supports the following features in addition to existing 2.2 features:*.....

Thanks for the info in a nutshell. greatly informative.

can you pls brief about the advantanges of ICS over GB & froyo. sorry for giving you a little trouble.

your post had saved me trolling through 20 forums and searches.

thanks in advance.

Upvote 0
bade bhai phone to sabka badiya
par kya apko lagta nahi gingerbread mil jata to or achha hota
yaar saade saat hazzar deker ye dabba liya wo bhi micromax jaisi comapany se
nokia 5530 ya samsung galaxy 5 aa jata
but that gfn bharat nagpal agar usne ulloo na banaya hota ki gb update milega to optimus le leta

1. Either Pls use english
2. Or pls use devnagiri script.
3. Respect your mother, motherland and mother tounge.

and fellow brothers like us.

Frustrated reaction is not a solution at all.

many big companies including samsung, htc, released their source code after developers dogged them for it.

htc opened its bootloader only recently.

their Sense UI is still a closed source product ( I'm not complaining)

We are lucky that we got a phone with Clockworkmod and rooting within hours of purchase of the phone.

Also this phone has made many ordinary users to devlopers for eg

Gautam
Ash1234
varun
Akshay
sunil

In a way they have made us self reliant.

India is the biggest exporter of software in the world yet there are only a few good developers both in linux stream as well as andriod.

why?

because we are used to spoon feeding either by microsoft products or by good developers like playful god who made CMW for us.

I think in a few months time we can have a much more advanced dev team.

Samrox ( you are a accomplished dev in your own way and stream, thanks for being with us)

Manish be patient, It may take some time but we will defnitely have CM7/9 in our device and it will be developed by Indians and all devs are here itself.

Official MIUI is only for arm7 devices. MIUI is a closed source project so porting will be much more difficult than cm7

Upvote 0
Thanks for the info in a nutshell. greatly informative.

can you pls brief about the advantanges of ICS over GB & froyo. sorry for giving you a little trouble.

your post had saved me trolling through 20 forums and searches.

thanks in advance.

Hey aditya let me tell you that I never feel trouble when helping someone rather than that I feel good that I have got an opportunity to help some one.here is comparison of Android 2.3 and 4.0
A brief Comparison ofAndroid 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) vsAndroid 2.3 (Gingerbread)• Android 2.3 and Android 4.0 are two versions of the popular Android mobile operating system• Android 3.0 was released in between Android 2.3 and Android 4.0• Android 4.0 was officially released in October 2011, and it’s code named “Ice cream sandwich” while Android 2.3 was officially released in December 2011, and was code named “Gingerbread”• Android 4.0 is the first Android version optimized for both tablets and smart phones while Android 2.3 is more suitable for smart phones• Android 2.3 is the more stable and old version• The user interface of both Android 2.3 and Android 4.0 has been improved and enhanced thantheir predecessors• Android 4.0 is more refined and styled than Android 2.3• The navigation buttons such as back, home are available as soft keys on Android 4.0 where as Android 2.3 doesn’t have soft keys for similar navigation. In devices with Android 2.3, hardware keys are available for back, home and settings• Both, Android 2.3 and Android 4.0 have widgets that allow users to view information without opening the application• Switching between applications ismore convenient in Android 4.0• Only Android 4.0 has the ability to dismiss individual notifications. This feature is not available in Android 2.3, and the user can only clear all notifications.• Voice input and voice activated commands are available in both Android 2.3 and Android 4.0• The new voice input engine on Android 4.0 gives an ‘open microphone’ experience and allows users to give voice commands any time, while a similar capability is not available with Android 2.3• On Android 4.0, users can do many actions (On Android 4.0 users can do many actions while the screen is locked) while the screen is locked, Android 2.3 only allows to answer a phone call whilethe screen is locked• ‘Face Unlock’ feature, allowing users to unlock the home screen by face recognition is only available in Android 4.0• Android 4.0 image capturing is enhanced with continuous focus, zero shutter lag exposure and decreased shot-to-shot speed• Between Android 2.3 and Android 4.0, an image editing software is only available in Android 4.0• Both Android 2.3 and Android 4.0supports Near Field communication if the device has the capability• Android Beem is only available inAndroid 4.0• Android 2.3 has many applications in the Android market than for the newly released Android 4.0• In terms of the market share alsoAndroid 2.3 beats Android 4.0 easily with more devices in the market with Android 2.3 installed.
I will post comparison of 2.2 and 4.0 in 5-10min

Upvote 0
Aditya,
Damn!
That last sentence shattered my dreams :(

I was going through a tutorial how to port miui (using formel's rom its GB) also I asked tjstyle (the one who ported cm7 & Miui for Spice MI410)

Miui was created by Chinese devs. we need to port miui for our device and submit the port to Miui support team. They will provide the rom for us.

I said it is only difficult to port miui, not impossible.

If Chinese Devs can make a rom and make it world famous why can't we. Why do we have to rely on others to help us.

Upvote 0
just 2 days ago I had given a comment in fb for kernel source & they again replied me that developers are working in it & they will give it...I think fb is true coz they will not tell lie publicly...so don't say that much bad words about a70...even if I don't get a gb update I am happy with froyo coz a70 is a very good phone for 7000...

I got this phone for Rs.6619/- from letsbuy.com.

I'd installed CM7 (thanks to madteam.co not com ok) in my colleagues Samsung Galaxy 5, back in july. Galaxy 5 had cost my colleague Rs.9000/-.

With other specs almost same the screen of Galaxy 5 is small compared to A70. That's one area where we score the value for price paid. after using my phone, I find it very difficult to use his phone for testing. He got his CM7 after almost 1&half year of wait.

So a70 is the best value for money you can buy.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones