• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

MicroUSB SD Card reader?

Upvote 0
Thank you for this great info. I just ordered one of those cables from Amazon. Will report back after I try it out.

I ordered several of them from Amazon when i was working on my project and all of them worked perfectly if you are rooted.

Couple of them broke real fast, but you cannot expect more from a sub $1 item.

as far as speed and functionality, they all work just fine.

Upvote 0
I'm new here and new to Nexus 7. This is my 1st post. I downloaded Nexus Media Importer and now can import anything that I want to. Hope this is OK to post

Welcome, and of course it's ok to post :)

I use the same app, works fine as long as you only need to read from the card (or any USB storage device for that matter). If you need r/w access then you need to be rooted.

Upvote 0
Use new kids on the block just can't get are arms around this Rooting thing. I have read many links about it but still really don't know what it is or why we need to do it. Well that comes alot when you old

Easy, do you use a Windows Computer daily or often?

When you log into windows you possible loging with your username by default, if you want to install a program or you want to change any system settings, window pop ups this little warning asking you for "administrator" privileges.

Root on Android (or any UNix based OS) is equivalent to Administrator on Windows, it have access to "everything" on the OS, by default the regular user DOES NOT have access to everything to avoid messing things up.

You DO NOT NEED to root, however if you want to change system files that are usually out of reach from regular users, them you need root access. one example is your host file, You can modified you internet host file so you block the "known" ads sources and you don't ever have to see an ad on your application or websites. That is just one of many reason why to root.

Reactions: Streetrodder
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones