• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Mildwild 4.3 (oxygen) - various issues

Dear All,
it is about a month I am happly using Mildwild 4.3 (Oxy). Quick,no memory hangry and battery last quite enough not to bring my charger along side.

But...there is always a but, I have a small list of issues/questions I would like you to have a look at and maybe give me some heads up:
(listed in order of importance ..for me)

1) Data connection - I go to Wireless & Network settings --> Mobile Networks -- > Data enable I select it. Sometime the effect is the desired one: my data conntection switchs on and I am on the network. Unfortunately 8 times out 10 nothing happen. The workarounds I have found are the following a) Switch to 2G -> 3G (or the other way around). b) go Airplane mode and then go back to normal. c) Let the gsm reconnect on the GSM network
Any idea what s happening? Is it a known bug?

2) Incoming call - The main reason why I migrate from MildWild 5.0 CM to Mildwild 4.3 Oxy is because on incoming call I had a delay in the conversation, basicaly the first 2 seconds were mute. With this rom looks like the 2 seconds freeze period have migrated to the screen. Basically on incoming call for the first 1 or 2 seconds my screen stays black and I cannot neither answer nor hang up. Really annoying expecially if I forgot to put it on silent and I find myself in a middle of a meeting. What I really miss from the original HTC desire OS is the flip functionaly capable to mute the phone flipping it face down.

3) New release - Does anyone knows when a new release will be available? (4.4??...)

Well that s all my androians. I am looking forward to receive your feedback

Ciao
Stefano

stegal i m also using mildwild v4.3 oxygen
in my desire i also face the same prob as you described in 1)
the other solution is you can search for networks and then select your operator this works for me you can try it....

but i have not faced 2nd prob so i can not say anything about it..
another issue is wifi in my HTC desire , i can not find any network so i m also changing my rom in next week...
if you have used any other rom give me your suggestion in this thread....

http://androidforums.com/desire-all-things-root/643592-suggestion-custom-rom.html

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones