• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root MILESTONE 2.1 update and root guide

I am bumping this thread, I have a problem with the middle step, as soon as I bring up rsd for the first flash I cannot find the original flash file, my recovery sbf is correct but the flash file for my milestone is a gz file and can't be loaded, help?

If the file is correct put it on the desktop so you can find it easy and the ending should be .sbf.

Upvote 0
Or you can let lg do it for free Mobile Phone Support: Ok thank you very much for bringing this to are attention, I have just been told that they verified the update. With regards to your Updating issue you can send the handset to us and we will update it for you at our repair center. Please call 0844 847 5454 and select options 1 & 3.

Upvote 0
Just to share my experience here, I updated from 2.1-update1 at the weekend to GOT 2.2.1 without issue and did it in far fewer steps than this guide contains.

I:

• Downloaded and installed RSD Lite
  • Downloaded my desired GOT 2.2.1 sbf from the and-developers site link for the milestone, in my case the UK retail (which includes vulnerable recovery)
  • Turned off my milestone, plugged in to my computer via USB cable and booted the phone in to bootloader mode
  • Selected my milestone in the RSD Lite menu, selected the sbf I downloaded and clicked the button to start the process
  • Waited about 10 minutes for the process to complete and watched the milestone reboot once or twice

And that was it! The whole thing. No Open Recovery, no flashing more than one sbf etc. I reinstalled all my apps, rooted with Universal Androot in one click and set my custom CPU overclock settings up again using Milestone Overclock.

In all everything went smoothly and I'm now rocking 2.2, 3G Mobile Hotspot, flash support in browser and apps2sd! Love it.

Upvote 0
Hi Craig,

I have been able to upgrade to 2.2.1 on my Middle east Milestone using your instructions (and the UK sbf). Great. Thanks. However, I'm unable to proceed to copy the milsestone root zip to the SD card and complete all the steps. Any reason it refuses to copy? Would appreciate your help. Thanks again.

Upvote 0
I'm milestone user,
i've trying to get my phone rooted, and followed those steps in the first page of this thread.
but i'm keep getting this message when trying to apply the update.zip
can anyone help me?

this is the messages:
E:Can't open /cache/recovery/command
-- Install from sdcard...
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
E:EOCD marker occurs after start of EOCD
E:signature verification failed
Installation aborted.

thanks a lot

Upvote 0
Firmware version
2.1-update1
Firmware configuration version
GAS_EMEA_USASHLS00RT1NT_P016
Baseband version
3GSMEPU91A_U_91.07.561
Baseband configuration version
UCASHLSMR2EMEAB1B806D.0R
Kernelversion
2.6.29-omap1
milestcm@il93lnxebld05 #1
Build number
SHOLS_U2_02.36.0

But I still got this problem :
E:Can't open /cache/recovery/command
-- Install from sdcard...
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package package...
E:failed to open /sdcard/update.zip (No such file or directory)
E:signature verified failed
Installation aborted.
any idea to root my milestone

plz help me sir wat should i dooo....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones