• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help mIRC port forwarding

I'm going out on a limb because no one's answered you yet (unusual for this forum!) - so - isn't that port-forwarding requirement somewhat dependent on the IRC client you're using?

I'm only asking because I've come across a _lot_ of users that swear by Trillian and that claims to support file transfer in a straightforward manner:

All Features - Trillian Astra

I'm probably way off base - actually spelling IRC correctly and knowing what mIRC is - that's about as far as I go.

I've heard of people opening router ports to avoid port forwarding, but that's just a rumor.

In any case, if nothing else, maybe this post will help bump your question.

Welcome to the forums - you've come to the right place, even if I'm all wet. ;)

Upvote 0
Yes it is an mIRC, it is actually Karaoke Realm,(sorry didn't want look like a complete NERD). They do ask that you forward the range of ports, which is really no problem for most "usual" routers but we are dealing with SP___T. I would imagine if I could forward any one in the range it would be fine.

Thanks

Upvote 0
I am not 100% sure what you are searching for but maybe "Port Forwarder" https://market.android.com/details?id=at.bherbst.net does what you need. This app was intended to forward a single port to a host. Such host usually resides in a subnet that you created using some kind of Tethering (USB or Wifi). However, this Port Forwarder may also be used to forward to localhost and therefore reroute to a different port on your device. Does that fit your needs?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones