• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Missing applications when upgrading SD card

Hi

I have an Xperia X10, rooted, 2.3 standard ROM.

I have a fair few programs installed onto a 16gb sd card. So I thought I would be able to copy all the files on the 16gb card - to my hdd - onto a 32gb card, and stick that into my phone and everything would be the same, and I'd have more storage...

Well there's quite a few programs (and their shortcuts on the desktop) missing. When I press on the missing shortcut it just says 'application not found' - what can I do? :(

Thanks

Adam

Hi

I have an Xperia X10, rooted, 2.3 standard ROM.

I have a fair few programs installed onto a 16gb sd card. So I thought I would be able to copy all the files on the 16gb card - to my hdd - onto a 32gb card, and stick that into my phone and everything would be the same, and I'd have more storage...

Well there's quite a few programs (and their shortcuts on the desktop) missing. When I press on the missing shortcut it just says 'application not found' - what can I do? :(

Thanks

Adam

How did you copy the files from the SDCard. Did you plug the phone in via USB and then copy and paste everything onto your Windows computer?

There are definitely a bunch of hidden files and folders. There might also be files with specific restrictions on them. But mainly the amount of hidden files and folders.

I noticed that the first time I connected my phone to my linux computer.

Next time, look into using Titanium Backup. Download and install and use it to back apps up.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones