• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Missing Navigation app

fatrusty

Jun 30, 2012
I went to use my navigation (the blue arrow) yesterday and it is no longer in my apps! WTF?? Where did it go and can I get it back? I do not think I had a recent update.

Problem solved... Google recently rolled everything into MAPS. If you want the quick key to navigation you need to uninstall the recent updates. Everything will be back to normal.

You can still get to the Blue navigation tool with the updates by opening Maps and then go to drop down...from there you will see the navigation arrow.

From what I learned the update is going to roll everything into google maps.

My Navigation just went away with the last update a week ago. No big deal, just had to put Maps on the screen.

I have not been able to find a way to set an Android contact as a destination though. The search looks at your Google contacts which I do not use.
Another reason to uninstall the update. I just don't understand Google's logic sometimes. A perfectly functional option gets left out.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones