• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Missing "&" sign in default keyboard?

gopals

Lurker
Nov 30, 2009
I bought a Samsung Galaxy recently from Hong Kong (Comes with Anycall branding). It's running Baseband version I7500ZHII4 and Kernel 2.6.27.

I found that the default keyboard does not have the '&' sign at all. Has anyone else noticed this? Is this a problem unique to the version that I have? Any suggestions on how I can bring it up?

Which keyboard are you running? Being Chinese, I type Chinese much more often and I stick with 'Samsung IME' which is the keyboard Samsung developed that allows Chinese Input. The English keyboard looks like the Android default one except that it doesn't have predictive texting.

The phone comes with 2 keyboards btw. You can switch back to the Android default by long clicking any input field then selecting 'Android IME'

Upvote 0
Hey I have the exact same phone (got it in HK too, anycall). I have a different problem.
I can't seem to get word prediction to work on the default samsung IME keyboard, I've got it activated, but it doesn't seem to function when I actually type something.

So I switch to the android keyboard, which is fine, except when I type text messages, the 'enter' button becomes a smiley icon, and I can't skip lines.

So I tried installing the hero one, which is nice, and the enter button is there, except word prediction isn't available in landscape mode, and the enter button automatically sends the message instead of skipping a line.

I'm actually happy with the default keyboard, so any idea how to activate word prediction?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones